I hate that my first post is asking for something...

…but all I need is to import a .3ds file of a ship and output five transparent pngs from it for use elsewhere. I’ve been able to import and move the model around okay, but I’m lost on rendering and exporting.

I’m a 2D person. I have no 3D experience whatsoever and have been banging my head against Blender for a while trying to accomplish this.

Can someone possibly open a file for me, render it, and save five pngs of different views?

I can explain further (and post the file) to anyone who is willing to help.

Thank you so very much.

Hey there. If you still want to have someone open the file and render it I’m willing to give it a shot.

Thank you so much!

I attached a zip file that contains the 3ds file and five really rough pngs that I created by taking screen captures of the wireframe in the approximate positions. Glancing at my crude pngs should make it clear what I’m needing.

I don’t care if the render is rough or crude. As long as they’re pngs that looks recognizably like the ship and they have a transparent background, I’ll be thrilled.

Thank you again.

Attachments

roughly what I need.zip (1.15 MB)

Here’s the Images. If you want anything more done with them or a different camera angle let me know.

Attachments

Ship PNGs.zip (503 KB)

I’m not the guy who originally responded, but here’s a side-view. Seems simple enough.

This model only has 2 or 3 materials without textures. It’ll need some work unless this kind of thing is good enough.

These are awesome! Thank you. May I trouble you to tweak the angle on the 45 degree one so that it’s viewed from the same angle as the others (i.e., viewed from the waterline, not from above)? (I hope that’s clear. I’m not sure how to express it in correct 3D terminology).

Thank you again. I really appreciate it.

Alright here it is. Sorry for the delay I took Monday off from blender to prepare for exams. I didn’t add it to the project zip file so I hope that’s ok. Also just let me know if you want a different angle.

Attachments

This is wonderful. Thank you so much. I hope your exams went well.

I really appreciate all of your help.