I have a general question about Blender?

I always wanted to know what people thought of this. Hey, if it’s a stupid question! At least it’s out.

Hookay, so imagine you have 2 cubes in your scene and that’s it!
Now, you point your camera towards one of the cube and render the scene:
You have a white background with a grey cube.

Here is my stupid question. I know that blender has to calculate the white background
and the first grey cube in order to show it to us. But the second cube that is not in the image
but still in the background. This second cube… which has no effect at all in your final image; it
does not emit light, it does not cast a shadow (second cube) and so on…

My question is, does blender calculate the second cube and it’s whereabouts even though
it’s completely pointless in this case ( since I only took a render image of the first cube far away).

To make my question simpler. Imagine Blender is dude and he says, "Hmm well yeah I’ll render the background
white and this cube… no need to render and calculate the other cube because it’s not in the final image… it’s pointless!

This makes me think there’s an automated form with an algorithm that will generate a diagnosis and recommend a possible cure like some space spaceage technology from the Jetsons. I am equal parts hopeful and annoyed over the thought of this. If it can help me out, great,tory burch sale, but it also makes me feel less human at the same time… And Mindy is now making some serious allegations against her mother. Everything from physical abuse to her bizarre beliefs that she sees dead people. How much you love this little more than any world. One other thingwe talk to our dog like he is a person. Dogs learn language just like babies do. So we keep up a running dialogue (monologuehe doesn’t answer back, sadly) with him as we go about doing things and he picks up what we mean and learns how we want him to respond. "I was winging it and now I have so much more structure. Women perform housework gratis for males and their families. In addition to taking care of most of the unpaid domestic housework, women also do most of the “real” work in the economy for lower wages than their male counterparts. To enhance your well being, limit your consumption of unnatural meals. Minimize back on processed foods and foods fried in oil. Any time you do eat processed meals opt for ones created from whole grains. The lightweight characteristic of Isabel Marant Boots enables law enforcement officers, military officials, security personnel and fireplace fighters to transfer around swiftly when prompt action wants to be taken in the course of hard functions. This reduces fatigue,prada borse outlet, given that the courageous gentlemen are on duty for prolonged hrs in the course of a day. Isabel marants item line contains at a wide selection of sequences of this kind of as Viper, Elite,chloe taschen sale, Stealth Power, Spider and Interceptor. If that doesn work,tory burch outlet, start by going to Account Help Center then put account into the search bar. That will take you to a page on which you have to go several topics down to find do I delete my account. That where the above starts. Why are Navigators Useful?As federally facilitated marketplaces get up and running,collection tory burch, it is going to get a little tougher to process all the implications and benefits of the program and enroll for health insurance. It is a complicated task which would require effort and questionanswer sessions on a regular basis. For precisely these questions and doubts, navigators would prove useful. There is pure suntanners wash rag types,tory burch taschen online, jewelled along with beaded styles and even sand wedge blighters too which means there is basically no reason will not be looking wonderful although toning up your muscles while doing so. One can as well pick out just by colour because of the fact the fact that sandal could be donned for complementing functions on occasional circumstances. On top of all the pack is a classic brown piece. ??? packers throwback jersey GHD lives that it’s given them a voice public education although I actually prefer an angled variety

Dig in. Here, too.

I’m not exactly sure but I would expect so. Blender is not the most efficient program on the planet and would calculate the light bounces paying no relative attention to where the camera is. Good question though, not a stupid one.

Sure Blender calculates that cube if its on the layer you want to render. Blender must know how to render that cube, it doesnt know that beforehand, like you do :slight_smile:

For some reason I kept thinking of: “If a tree falls in the woods and no one’s around to hear it, does it make a sound?”

If you’re using Cycles, yes. The second cube my not me seen by you but light rays bouncing off it it, might hit the first cube and thus have a contribution to the image.

However, most non GI renderers like BI can discard data that doesn’t fall with in the view. As long as you’re not ray tracing. That’s when it has to take the entire scene into account.

What I’m saying is: the second cube has ABSOLUTELY-ZERO NOT AFFECT ON THE SCENE WHATSOEVER. Why would blender render the second cube?

I’m saying, no light is bouncing off the second cube. The second cube is not interacting AT ALL.

It depends on what you mean by “calculating” the cube.

If it’s hidden behind another opaque object, then the renderer will figure this out and not compute any shading on the hidden cube. However, figuring out if the cube is hidden or not is something that needs to be computed too, so of course it is involved in some computation to determine that. How soon it can be discarded depends on the rendering algorithm and scene setup, but shading is definitely skipped.

Who says soccer World Cup has no appeal here in the States? We can see two reasons immediately soccer studs Cristiano Ronaldo and Didier Drogba thanks to the June cover of Vanity Fair magazine. America,jordan pas cher femme, these men might not enjoy the same name recognition as the stars of the NFL," the mag proposes,nike blazer homme, "but for most of the planet, they are more than just showstoppers. They are gods."Shot for VF by Annie Leibovitz,chaussure jeremy scott, the welltoned bunch don underwear representing their homelands. To your favorite internet search engine if you wish to find after market batteries . Ghd deutschland You just need to negotiate a better means of settlement with the IRS. Don’t confuse yourself with “recovery” and it being easy because this workout still ensure that you feel a burn! Where legal court discovers both mom and dad unfit to deal with the kid,nike blazer vintage, a third party is actually specified as being the lawful protector. Access costs 2 for 24 hours,nike air max 1 pas cher, 10 for seven days and 90 per year. Usage is free up to 30 minutes, but rises steeply after two hours (10 for twoandahalf hours). Download the map or phone app showing the latest docking stations: not all of them are shown on the information posts… A few months ago, I wrote about my runin with an area pickup artist (or PUA) and in short, advised readers to avoid them. My post caught the attention of Love System’s founder Nick Savoy (a reformed pickup artist turned relationship coach), whose team reached out to me last month with a challenge to prove wrong my conceptions of the pickup community, insisting that most PUAs are just “normal men looking for love.” I accepted their duel, scheduled a call with Nick (who’s been featured on the likes of the Today Show, Dr. Phil, the Tyra Banks Show, Ask Men and Playboy, among many others), and prepared to throw down the gauntlet… Status: Although a federal judge temporarily blocked parts of the law considered too extreme, it went into effect on July 1st. 2011. The bill also protects employees who report construction sites that hire illegal workers. Hazrat Janan, a member of the Wardak provincial council, described the explosion as powerful,rnds.com.ar, saying that it shattered windows in a wide stretch of the city. And that many of the wounded were Afghan government employees working in nearby offices. Soldiers guarding the compound managed to kill the militants on foot after the explosion, he said. I am a believer that it works from people testimonies. The holistic person I purchased it from is also making me do a purge of no meats or dairy while on these protocol. I just wanted to know who has done this cleans for HSV and what your protocol was like as well as your time expectancy. ???: If you treat it like a conversation you see it in his face you make something more expensive teaching young children English. Nonetheless

Yes. If you turn off all bounce light and reflections and the second cube does not cast any shadows on the scene in any way then yes, the second cube does not get rendered at all. If no ray hits it, no calculations are done. Ray tracers only trace what it in the view. However, in most regular situations things outside the view may still interact in other ways besides just primary visibility.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Lighting and Rendering”

The reason it is still calculated is that Cycles can’t know it contributes nothing until it after calculates it, and at that point it is too late to skip it. Now you can make the engine try and guess ahead of time the object will contribute nothing and possibly ignore it in some steps, but you can’t just categorically say “this contributes nothing”.

Also, it could still be visible in reflections, or cast shadows or GI back into the scene. Unless you turned all of that off for some reason, in which case you should’ve just turned off render visibility for the object and done the optimization yourself.

okay, this could be also stupid but would be helpful if we get like “it is a BI / Cycless discussion”, and also a file to work over.

Because I know cycles would consider the second box, and BI probably would consider the second box to cast a shadow depending on the light direction.

The fact that the render is showing a white BG kinda annoys me because i have no information if the world was changed, or if it is geometry, or if OP made the mistake to consider white as blank.

I dont know, for me the topic is somehow misleading due to lack of information on what we are “working” on it, tho it seems interesting.

How does Cycles know the cube has zero effect? It calculates it. Fortunately, the calculation happens pretty fast since the result is zero. I tried running your scenario, and having the second cube in the scene added 0.03 seconds to the render, which is negligible.

For a real world example, imagine you have a long todo list. 75% of the tasks aren’t for you. In order for you to understand this, you have to (1) read the whole list and (2) think about its meaning a little. These steps take time, but not nearly as much time as doing the tasks.

How about “If a man speaks his mind in the forest and no woman hears it, is he still wrong?” :stuck_out_tongue:

lololol, sexism and gender stereotypes are SO funny, amirite bro?