I Heart Derry

So I recently saw “IT: Chapter II” and decided to do this. Some things I wish to improve.
I do plan on animating the balloon.
I need help figuring out the cotton candy, some of my popcorn is grey and it’s hovering because I tried to set up a particle system with fluid effects, but every time I’d animate it the popcorn wouldn’t stop bouncing, so I just used a flat plane that’s weight painted.
Tell me what you think and if you think anything needs to be improved.
Also, I tried posting this on the BA facebook group, but I guess the admins just felt like being a jerk to me and never approved the post, despite trying to contact them after a day of my post never being approved and them approving other people’s posts during that time.
So I’m trying my luck here

3 Likes

Your popcorn is floating (pun intended). Also I would work on composition.

Well there’s no compositing even done, this is a pure blender render from cycles.
Does anyone have any useful info on how to fix some of this? At least tell me how I can get my particle system to stop bouncing around.

Here’s an animation of what I’m talking about concerning the popcorn.

I’m about ready to give up on this “community”, it’s not really a community anymore it seems.

I think you are using wrong section of the forum. I would post your question in the support/particles and physical simulations. What comes to my comment about composition - I had in mind composition as a “placement or arrangement of visual elements or ‘ingredients’ in a work of art, as distinct from the subject”, not just the post processing of your image.