I just had to pass this on

Yes, I am a dog lover, and cats too. Please don’t let this thread devolve into some sort of political/national flame war.

Pets recognize no nation, don’t vote, and usually just dance around your throne.

Thanx :frowning:

http://www.getfreshminds.com/2008/10/baghdad-pups.html

This is something every one must read. I have a cat (or is it the other ways around ?) and I could not bear to if anything tore me away from my madam/queen/ruler etc. After the fine effort of the soldier in uniform is this the gratitute one receives ?

Wow, that’s really sad.

The dog hasn’t done anything wrong so there’s no reason for punishing it :frowning:

This is messed up, some people exercise more authority than they’ve been granted.

If someone tried to separate me from my pet, things would get ugly fast.

Cats rule, you just have to see “The black cat” the longer movie. It’s from the 80’s I think. Maybe you can find it on youtube or something. That cat OWNZ, lol…and dogs, well I have nothing against them. But there are some things that can be annoying about them.

1. You need to be with them 24/7
  2. They are noisy as hell!
  3. They shit and fart everywhere, the big dogs are the worst!
  4. Kinda stupid, like a 3 year old kid. (Cats seem to be smarter)…(And dogs aren’t smarter because they agree to play dead and stuff).

CATS!

1. They shit and fart everywhere, the big dogs are the worst!

Oh no they are not! Have you ever had a cat get pissed at you? One cat that I had, named Hollywood, must have had a problem with my music. He pee’d into and all over my mixer/tape deck causing catastrophic failure. I even checked my earphones for more surprises. Not too much of a problem because the whole system was insured with professional musician’s insurance, but I sure did have fun explaining the whole thing to the agent, he would not stop laughing. Still, I kept the cat, he was just too cool…

Now now pixelmass don’t go on the defensive all of a sudden. Remember this thread is about a possible terrorist puppy that grew up to be a possible terrorist dog and quite possibly be the main contending issue between Obama and McCain. But because this terrorist puppy that grew up to be a terrorist dog does not know no borders and only wants to please the wonderful soldier who is trained by the gummint to among other things to kill other human beings, and wants to do kind stuff to the nice folks of the oil rich nation of Iraq who seemed to have gotten their pickle in the wrong jam jar.

But yes I do agree - the possible terrorist puppy that grew up to be a possible terrorist dog does not deserve to be played in the political game between a power hungry US officer and an outstanding soldier who is trained by the gummint to among other things to kill other human beings.

Oh boy, the ghost of Hollywood (rest his spirit) is on the prowl ! Some things he just did not like. I thank you if you passed the original link on.

Cheers

I read it all here

If this is the real thoughts of the U.S Army, I want all the superiors and commanders fired and replaced with people who actually care about dogs. Heck, reform the entire U.S military and sack everyone in the Pentagon if this is what’s needed to protect innocent animals and to bring a better, more caring U.S Military who still can fight militants.

Well Cd, I do have to agree with you here. Animals, babies, mothers, bugs, dogs, cats, ferrets, and all the rest have no reason to suffer because of whatever it is that drives men to such madness. It just seems to me that when folks try to be kind and real it is always shot down with a new horror. I mean really, WTF?

When i think about it i agree with them. Does anyone else get to keep a pet at work? No. Its completely unacceptable that soldiers would be spending their time on something that would take so much from their duties.

When i think about it i agree with them. Does anyone else get to keep a pet at work? No. Its completely unacceptable that soldiers would be spending their time on something that would take so much from their duties.

Oh you are so completely wrong there. I have known top level managers who always have their pets with them, at home as well as in the office. I have known craftsmen who wold not leave their pets tied up somewhere while they pursued their wages. You are are correct however in stating that loving and caring about something other than yourself does tend to prevent callous
and unremorsfull taking of another life. Yep, if you want to be a killer, screw everything else and just pull the trigger, no big deal…Until you try to sleep. You speak of “duties”, how oddly inane.
Imagine saying to yourself “my duty is to kill” do you think you could live with with that? Maybe if all you are is a robot you could. I could not, but that is just me and probably about 98% of the rest of the human race.

Way to twist my words. I never mentioned half the stuff in your little rant. A soldiers duty is not to kill. A soldiers duty is carry out the orders given to him, these foremost include protecting those that need protecting. Sometimes to do this they need to kill, this is unavoidable.

I never mentioned the ‘loving and caring’ aspect of keeping animals as pets. I simply stated that the time needed to care for the animal would detract from the carrying out of their duties. What happens to their pets while they are out on patrol? What happens when they are in a high risk situation and they’ve got an unpredictable animal that could cause their death?

You mentioned a select few of the work force who are lucky enough to be able to keep their pets with, this certainly doesn’t reflect the majority, especially those in high risk occupations.

agreed x1million.

although this looks horrible, i would think that this policy - pet execution - is meant to be a preventative rule. This soldier must have known the rules when she joined up and went through training.

soldiers are people yeah - but i think that there’s a lot of fuss being made here by people who assume that a career in the military is just the same as a career in law, or politics, or roadmending. it isn’t, there are fundamental differences - one of which is being trained to kill when told to do so.

if you don’t take that into account when you read this incredibly biased story (hey, it’s a blog, not a fine, upstanding balanced newspaper like the Daily Hate…oops I mean Daily Mail) then you are wearing blinkers the size of dinner plates,

You’re right in everything, except maybe the percent value…
Soldiers’ duty is to always say YEZ SIRF YEZ! That must always be their only answer to every “superior idiot”.

I read the thing, it has nothing to do with what the heck you’re talking about. I just see some superior sadists sons of a ***** that want to kill a “soldier”'s dog “just cuz” he/she? saved a puppy in Iraq.

I don’t care if I am wearing blinkers the size of dinner plates, aside from the fact that she’s been on 15 months longer than her service required, and the dog apparently kept her sane and able to do her job better, there is NO reason whatsoever to do this! No one was in danger because of this dog! No ones focus on doing the job was being put in jeopardy!
I would KILL everyone that ever tried to do something like that to me or someone I cared for! No matter what policy!!

Starting reading about it… and also found this:
http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/43462/9fb16ab3/us_soldaat_gooit_puppy.html
I just want to cut these guy open, show their guts to them, and slowly carve him into pieces!!

Reporter: “50 000 Iraqi civilian and a puppy were killed in the Iraq war.”
Idiot: “Why the puppy?:(”

That just shows how sick this world we live in really is. Civilian casualties mean nothing to US citizens, but a single puppy or a wounded soldier from the “right” side gets into the news. Who cares that an baby got hit by an stray bullet, it wasn’t one of yours…

P.S. I like cats and dogs, but seriously get your priorities straight people… :rolleyes:

quoted in agreement V2.0

I think you guys are missing the point.

Those people are trying their hardest to save all those civilians’ lives, and we are doing all we can to support them. But getting their puppies murdered is the gratitude they receive.

Things become sadder when you know something wrong could easily have been prevented.