I made an edit to add_curve_sapling

I spent a day trying to figure out how to write in a little change to the sapling script, and it is now working great. The change is that you can now randomly seed many trees based off of a single tree’s worth of inputs.

In other words, all you have to do is write in the presets for one tree then turn up a single field called “tree count” to the number of trees that you want to create. They will each be created with a different seed for the branches so each one will be similar but have different branching.

I’m new to this forum, so hopefully I’m posting in the right place and attached the files correctly. Also I used a linux machine so I’m not certain the zip file can be opened on Windows…

I’d just like to recommend the changes for upstream, or at least for consideration if they can be written with more skill. I could not figure out how to modify the x and y coordinates for each tree, so they will have to be individually moved after creation, and it is suggested that all other fields be fed in before multiplying the trees (to save time with each change you make). I put a limit of no less than 1 tree and no more than 100 since a fully leafed tree takes quite a lot of memory in this script, and it would be pointless to “create no trees”.

I hope this can help others in the creation of their forests.

Attachments

add_curve_mySapling.zip (40 KB)

Ho yes very nice idea dear newbieg
https://blenderartists.org/design/baorg2012dark/images/statusicon/user-offline.pngThanks to share your job!
Congratulations!