I need a Blender friend

Sorry, I didn’t realize this was for your friend. I got it in my head that you were making a tutorial for the general public.

I don’t know those other programs so I guess I can’t help much there.

Oh, are you still looking for a Blender friend?

yes I am

abc123

I’m no good at consistently socializing, but I follow your sketchbook regularly and with great interest :slight_smile:

Crashes on Mac are exclusively Blender not opening at startup. I reported it to the bug tracker, but the last note I received. Said “ …yes it is a bug but can’t recreate it and so few people experience it that resolution will take awhile”.

3.4 is unusable but 3.5 opens fine, go figure.

Update. I’ve narrowed things to anything with Japanese characteristics; and log structures in forests. Both do not have a large following so tutorials are rare. Also, photorealism or rather view by eye realism is my interest.

I would like a Blender friend also.

1 Like

What a few of us have been doing is actively participating in each other’s sketchbook threads.

Start a sketchbook and I’ll be sure to check it out as often as I can.

4 Likes

Like Joseph I don’t have the wherewithal to be one person’s dedicated Blender friend, but as Thinsoldier said, there’s a small group of us who visit each other’s Sketchbooks regularly, and support each other, which includes analysis, critique, tips, solution brainstorming, links to useful stuff, and encouragement to keep going when inner voices become too critical.

I find that pretty invaluable, and because it’s several people doing it, we all get a wider array of feedback than one person could provide, and the onus is never just on one person to be the designated support. I check Sketchbooks every day I log on (which is daily right now), and while I am sure there’s a limit of how many people any of us can do this for, I haven’t reached that limit.

2 Likes