I NEED HELP! I want to Sculpt on a mesh from daz studio in blender

Good day everyone,

I imported a mesh from Daz studio to blender to sculpt on it, but I can’t seem to subdivide it or use the multiresolution modifier on the mesh. when I apply the modifiers, it won’t work on the mesh. Maybe it is my export settings in Daz studios that’s the problem. so I tried using the Daz to blender add-on and it is still not working. Can someone help me with a way to subdivide a mesh imported from Daz studio, I will be really grateful.

Note: I have tried importing genesis 3, 8, and 8.1 mesh and none is working

That’s weird…

Can you try go in your Blender scene, export the broken object to a .obj file and reimporting it? That will strip a mesh to its most basic data. If that still doesn’t work, then try importing to .obj in a fresh scene.

Also, if you try this, note that importing an obj file can put “custom normals data” on a mesh, which you may need to remove:
custom_data

If that fails, something else to try would be to go in edit mode, select all the faces and use merge by distance. Afterwards, use shift+n to recalculate normals. This will ensure the mesh is clean.

thank you so much for the reply.

Tried everything and it’s still not working. It still has a weird smooth surface on the mesh.

If importing an obj into a fresh scene doesn’t work, then the mesh must be built in some weird way. Could you post a screenshot of the problem? I would need to see what that glitch looks like before suggesting anything else.

Make sure that it doesn’t include any morphs, as they become shape keys when imported to Blender and you can not apply a subdivision to a Genesis Mesh …BUT, you should still be able to add a subdivision modifier, just not apply it.

1 Like