I need help installing blender properly.

Hello, i am new to modelling in blender (and new to modelling in general), and i was looking around for a modelling program to use when i found blender.

When i installed blender (the newest one) it prompted me to install some programs (mccp+ or something amd python). i did that, but when i runned blender it said it was missing “MSVCR71.dll” and Re-installing might fix it. so i re-installed it, and it told me i needed python (which i already installed), then, when i ignored the warning, it gave me the same error.
I tried reinstalling Python and Blender to fix it. But i don’t seem to be able to get it working, and, assuming you are all familiar with blender, i assumed this would be a good place to ask (also, i couldn’t find a tech. support forum on blender.org).
so, I hope you can help me out with installing it, and eventually get better at modelling using it.

Thanks in advance.

Download and install this.

As for Python, the latest Blender requires version 2.5. You might have to add the Python directory to your system’s environment variables (see here).