I need some help with a paper.

I’m having to write a paper for one of my instructors about different jobs related to my majors. I’m dual major, web development and network support.

Does anyone know of a good site that will tell me
the Qualifications to secure the job,
job duties related to the title,
possible advancement,
and salary based on years of experience for any job I choose?

Like a job wiki?

If you would post a good site or sites I’d appreciate it.

I’ll continue to troll Google.

Every time I start a thread someone’s IQ plummets and they post something
unnecessary . Every time. I do not know why, but I have to take precautions.

1. NO, I am not asking anyone to write the paper for me. I’m just looking for information.

2. I have used Google and will continue to do so while I wait for an answer.

3. The previous line does not mean you should assume that I will find something. In fact, assume the opposite.

The previous lines were to ensure that no one posts “you should do your own paper”, I am you idiot; or “use this thing called “GOOGLE””, Wow didn’t know that existed. Thanks sport I’ll remember that; or even "hope you find something, (or you could help by posting.)

I’m not in a good mood. My lunch consists of cheeze-its and this paper is due Sept 2, 2008.

God, why don’t you just learn to Google? Are you wanting us to right the paper for you? (/JK) :stuck_out_tongue:

<real answer>
Try resume sites like Monster.com. I think they have a bunch of help topics and possible a forum there. I can’t think of any other resume sites of the top of my head.

I don’t think there are any job wikis out there. There are help wanted sites, like this one or Monster.com, but you’d have to read a lot of help wanted ads to get the information you’d need.

Try Google Scholar to see if there are any papers already written that might have the information you’re looking for.

Look at the Employment commission for your state and I think DICE.com has a salary calculator. Look at CGArena and YES, Monster… both have TONS of job listings. Good luck :slight_smile:

Oh… and you might want to try googling it :stuck_out_tongue:

You might find some salary information at http://www.payscale.com/ .

Also try wikipedia

Have you tried cold calling some places with it support - if you call around the 9.30 am, from experience that’s when there is lull in most large firms and the it folks can help you. Just remember you may get brushed of several times before someone helpful with answer. Sound keen and enthusiatic and you will get wonders!

I would do what Kbot suggested. Ring early and bug those “Human resource”( a disgusting and de-humanizing term I know, but I’ve been brainwashed to believe that there is no other) guys.:RocknRoll: