I need your first thoughts about...

Estonia.

(Sorry, but writing in the topic would have ruined it.)

I am trying to help someone at marketing an Estonia-related music event. Marketing works best when taking up something people know about and playing with that (even if this, admittedly, doesn’t do it full justice often). So marketing Finnland this year was easy, Denmark will be easy, but what do you connect with Estonia?

Thank you.

It looks like a lot of folks have figured out that question.

:D:D

Very Clever!

the answer is no,

-note, too fawking tired to read begining post

+1 post count, wootag!!
come on guys, everyone is doin’ it

What you mean by “+1 post count, wootag!!”
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i connect Estonia with Alcohol(ism) but thats probably because of me and my friends… :smiley:

though, i might be of more use/help if you’d tell me what genre of music, or is it overall? and what time of the year might it be at? would it be inside, somewhere, or out side…? etc.

You need sex appeal!!

Use blender 3d, with film clips of big busted women, and midgets wearing latex, caring whipps.
Dollar bills falling from the sky… Men with poofie hair weilding huge guitars in a phallic manor.
SPANDEX!!!
catchy music!! plus flash the word FREE!! , over and over again, about something.
Men in tights! wearing no underware.
Women in wet “T” shirts.

Oh man, he is trying to promote something, maybe a micky D’s clip with the “I’m lovin it” lyrics rolling in the background and a bunch of hyper kids sliding down the playhouse slide?

EDIT
Oooo, Oooo, Oooo…I just read that a poser is being sold, perhaps in the right lingerie in front of a smiling Ronald eating a big mac?

I guess they are Finnish? :evilgrin:

though, i might be of more use/help if you’d tell me what genre of music, or is it overall? and what time of the year might it be at? would it be inside, somewhere, or out side…? etc.

It is folk music, in april next year (http://www.folkbaltica.de). But, honestly, the knowledge about Estonia is that sparse that we would use any association as a starter. Well, maybe not drunk Finns.

PM me, I know a bit about jazz and blues fests, logisstics can be a nightmare…
Estonia might be fun though…

Hej,
thank you. The festival is well established and organized (would be a little late now to do this for next april). And I am quite glad it is not in my responsibility. I just try to help out a little with the local promotion.

no, actually both me & my friends are all Estonians(mmm… drinking… drools)… :smiley:

hmm… so, basically your wondering about how to advertise it, here? hmmh… TV3, Kanal2 or ETV, could be options… :-/

what else… a few posters at some more populated places(populated in the sense that alot of people walk/drive by those places and actually see them) etc. one place to think about here would maybe be around the ‘Vabaduse Plats’… here in Tallinn.

As someone who’s never been to Estonia, but have read up on them, I’d think there are a lot of very positive things to associate with Estonia.
My impressions are:

1. Beautifull natural environment
  2. Lovely old architecture
  3. A highly civilised and progressive nation, that were able to pull themselves out of the ruins of Soviet oppression and just keeps on moving forward.
    The last point is propably not of any use to you, but it comes from me, who’s rather disillusioned at my own country’s unwillingness to do the same.

Estonia? Cold…

I really don’t know, never been there.

i connect Estonia with Alcohol(ism) but thats probably because of me and my friends… :smiley:

That’s common in much more countries, not only Estonia and Finland.

Thank you.

I want this impressions to optimize or promotion over here, where the event takes place (i.e. Sønderjylland).

“Cold” is an impression I get quite often, funny. “Estland, nicht Island.” In German Iceland and Estonia can sound very similar if pronounced sloppy.

Your point 3, ebow, is an important one. I don’t know how many people know that it was a “singing revolution” that led to (or at least accompanied) Estonian indepence. We will try to use that but I don’t think it will reach many people.

I didn’t want to say that Finns all drink or such, sorry if it sounded like that. But there is the phenomen of the ferrys from Helsingfors to Tallinn, which need less than an hour. And alcohol is much cheaper in Estonia (high taxes in Finland), so you can guess what happens. (We have quite the same here with the ferrys from Göteborg to Kiel - people with small carriers full of pallets of beer heading to the departing ferry.)

Thank you for your help.

Go with the folk architecture as ebow3d said. It greatly differs in regions in the same country, but there surely are some typical features or common styles. From this introduction you can get where you want.