I took the ACT!

I see, thanks for some more information. I guess it is due to the large size of the US that such tests really have an important character. Universities probably have a much larger competition and therefore, I understand why such tests are necessary and useful to see how you compare to others in the rest of the country.

Yes, its pretty competitive over here.

And expensive if you don’t earn a scholarship.:frowning:

Good for you Jason!

I got a 26 when I took it when I was 14, I hadn’t even seen most of the math’s :confused: My bro got a 31, but you even bested him! :smiley:

I’m going to take it again sometime, and I’m taking the sat in January. I’ll probably be taking the psat’s too. They already did the testing at my school and I didn’t take them because I knew they weren’t for college admissions and they didn’t say anything about the ability to get scholarships from it, so I missed out there, I’ll have to take them next year :confused:

Of course, for what I want to do, test scores don’t count as much towards getting hired as the ability to make good work and think by yourself/be innovative. It’s kinda funny, all but one of my high school teachers are totally focused on trying to get us to get good grades on college admissions tests that a person who doesn’t go to college will have prettymuch wasted their four years. They also seem to think that employers in a career type job go back and check your test scores and grades, something the people I’ve talked to have never heard of employers doing.

For your information, I want to work in engineering/architecture/design, with a leaning towards efficient houses and ergonomic household items, and the systems that make them efficient and ergonomic. I’m especially interested in micro-housing (under 750 square feet) and houseboats (and extension of micro housing) and I hope to do some internships in college/over summer breaks so I’ll have a job directly out of school with a company doing something that interests me, and that pays me decently.

Edit: Got the name wrong.