I tried to rigg my clothes using the same amture as my character then this happened

I don’t know how to fix it, I hope anybody can help me.
I used the weight paint method, for further context: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/44759/transferring-rig-weights-from-one-mesh-to-another-in-blender-2-76

Try this:
Delete all the existing vertex groups/armature mods from the shirt and put the character in it’s default pose position. Apply the Mirror Modifier if present. Then follow these steps:

1. Select the shirt in object mode.
  2. In the Modifiers panel, select “Add Modifier”, select “Data Transfer”.
  3. In the Data Transfer panel, choose your character and the Source Object, check the “Vertex Data” box, then click the “Vertex Group” button, and then click the “Generate Data Layers” button at the bottom. I usually move this modifier to the top of the stack and once I’m satisfied it works, I’ll apply it.
  4. Add an Armature modifier to the shirt and select the character’s armature in the panel. I usually like to move the Armature mod all the way to the top of the stack and any sub-d mods to the very bottom for best performance.
1 Like

thanks will try that

Aside from the useful suggestions by Safetyman and which you would want to follow for a good result, I think your problem comes by the fact that you assigned the Armature modifier to the cloth when the bones were not in their rest pose; if I’m right it would suffice to delete the modifier, put the armature in rest pose and assign the modifier again (unless you created the cloth fitting a not resting pose of the model).

1 Like

Sourvinos is right about the rest pose.

yeah you were right thanks for your help it worked