I want to help promote BGE

I think it would be best to use the official Blender logo in combination with “Powered by blender game engine” like monster suggested. That way nobody gets irritated by the different logo and it is clear what part of blender was used in your game.

Like so:

I think the simplest and most functional logo would be the default blender logo like in the previous post with “Game Engine” in slightly smaller text right underneath the “blender” text.

A logo that does not incorporate the official Blender logo would imply a different project or possibly a fork, but since the BGE is part of Blender, the BGE logo should feature part of the official Blender logo to convey that.

Yeah I agree that we should go with the official blender logo but with the addition of game engine, something like this.

or this

Just a quick test, I’m not a designer, and great work everyone!

What about all of us working on one big game sometime…

that will push exposure more then anything…

Hello, About the official blender logo, if you have seen the link which sdfgeoff has provided some comments ago, it clearly say:

• The logo can only be used to point to the product Blender. When used with a link on a web page, it should point to the url blender.org.
  • You will visualize and promote your own branding more prominent than you use the Blender logo. The Blender logo only can be used as a secondary brand, which means it has to be clear for an average viewer that this is not an official Blender or Blender Foundation website, publication or product.
  • You can use the Blender logo on promotion products, such as T-shirts or caps or trade show booths, provided it is a secondary brand as described in point 2.
  • The logo is used unaltered, without fancy enhancements, in original colors, original typography, and always complete (logo + text blender).
  • In case you use the logo on products you sell commercially, you always have to contact us with a picture of how it will be used, and ask for explicit permission.

So I don’t know if the use of the official logo+“game engine” is see as an own branding more than an official branding+“game engine”, and a new branding like the first try in the thread seem to be preferred by the blender foundation.

I personnaly don’t think I will use logos in my games, because they begin almost directly after there started, without the wait of any splash screen. At the moment in my cs project, and I don’t think it will change, I just write “name of story”, “name of creator” then “name of software” during the introduction of my main menu and it’s enough for my credits.

Like some others, I think finished games are the better way to promote the blender game engine, I’m not for a one big project but a lot, a flood of good and different kind of games made in blender will be better to promote it.
A trailer video about all of these differents games which begin and end with the brand “made in blender … game engine”, and with the name of the games when they appear could be interesting I think.