I want to stop using windows

The plural of anecdote is not data. :wink:

Just because you’ve had some stability issues with 64bit, doesn’t mean that 64bit is unstable. In fact there is no reason at all that 64bit would be less stable than 32bit. I’ve been running 64bit Linux right from the get-go and have had no problems. Also, the RAM boundary is not 6gb but around 3.5gb. 32bit OSes do not handle anything in excess of that amount of memory. That said, 32bit is generally a better bet if you have less than 4gb of ram. Mostly for compatibility reasons. Although I have had absolutely no problems running 32bit apps.

What were the specific problems that you had?

You haven’t asked me… then again, I’d have to learn to talk in Alekiel.lang first, my head hurts just thinking about it… fortunatly I keep most of my brains in jars so the damage isn’t extensive.

Oh and don’t use tarpaulin to cover the opening in the wall, use some nice layers of broiderie, or a carpet… but still you have to do something, it has to be hung up on something…
Of course just pushing a shelve in front of the opening could work.

“Wise men you say? Wiseguys you mean!” -Yoghurt From Spaceballs.

well i dont know what x64 is like now but a year ago installing xgl was a big pain in the ass for it, then, you had to go to some shady repositories to find drivers in premature state that work on the platform. Overall was not a pleasant experience for me. 32 bit though was easy to install and i was able to get completely compatible drivers and beryl/xgl worked much better on it.

I hope things go 64x bit soon… Its really required :[

Things have definitely changed then Nick. Running Fedora 7 64bit myself, which is even supposed to be one of the more temperamental distros. No real problems.

I don’t know about xgl, but I have glx working and enabled by default along with the Nvidia drivers. All that stuff is in the major repos. Everything was pretty easy for me to get going as a first time Linux user, and it’s very stable. Not to say that I won’t be changing distros at some point in the near future. But will definitely stay with 64bit.