Ian Lloyd Dela Cruz Sketchbook

I’m so drawn in with this sculpt. I’m highly interested to see a timelapse/workflow video for one of your models. These are just so flippin’ amazing!! (Yes, I keep saying it. Ha!!! I hope you’ll enlighten all of us someday with your workflow. I mean well. Honest! LOL!! Thanks again.)

displacement pattern made from procedural textures baked in cycles. wip.

Very cool, that is nice

awesome bro,

So cool!

Have you thought about making a vid-tut of your workflow? I’m really interested in watching you work. Thanks!!

warm up sculpt.

1 Like

ninja doodle to test personal pipeline.

At the risk of sounding redundant . . . your work is just fantastic!! :RocknRoll:

Awesome, how is that pen working for you?

pretty damn good, craig, however this ninja is done with the mouse mostly, my next project though will be done with the pen. taking all that’s learned from this one.

for some bake tests.

I’ll back you up Astro1derboy! So, uh, Mr. iceking… sir? How’s about a sneak peek at a video workflow? XD

I just love your style! All the characters are similar enough to keep it consistent throughout, but every single one kind of got their own charism. The mouth area looks very gorgeous, you captured all these fine details that add to the expression.
The only thing that looks a bit off to me are the temples, they shouldnt be bulged out so far, but thats just my personal preference i guess.
Great work around here, and your retopo script is extremely useful for my workflow, it does take some of the pain out of retopoing :smiley:

inspired by the movie prometheus, little doodle for further bake test.

@suboptimal: hey bro glad you liked the script, i’ve got an update coming, simplified it a bit, and also mirror snap also works now, so no clicking and dragging to x anymore yehey!, also option to autoapply on/off for the shrinkwrap. will add more and post soon.

1 Like

Cool concept, can’t wait to see more stuff from you. Great work!

quick doodle last night. at 2048x map.

HOLY MOLY that is cool!

Dang!!! Excellent work!!! Love the Prometheus-inspired render! As usual, outstanding work!!

old sleeping alien doodle. quick text density and uv matching test.

2 Likes

yey!, finally made the update!, this baby now has auto-symmetry snap so no more dragging vertices to x mirror, also added more options to undo menu like auto apply on/off which can be useful for polysculpting the retopo mesh, for matching topo geometry to hi poly and sometimes for baking.