IconReplacer 1.0 - Change the stand-alone player icon

Hi!
Here’s a new little utility from me to you :wink:
It allows you to change the icon of a publisher .exe file.

Screenshot:
http://www.8ung.at/s_w/iconreplacer/1.0/scrshot10.jpg

Download it from my new website:
http://www.8ung.at/s_w/iconreplacer/

Have fun! 8)
S_W

cool

Awesome man! You are awesome!

thanks

-Good and useful work!!! :smiley:

I am not sure how to create an icon with these exact dimensions and size?
Exactly how would you do it, do you need an Icon create program, or canI use say Photoshop etc… This doesnt confuse me, Just im not sure how to do it!

This program only works correctly with Publisher executables and icons with a filesize of 4710 Bytes.
This means your icon should contain the following four icon images:

• 16 x 16 Pixel, 16 Colors
  • 32 x 32 Pixel, 16 Colors
  • 16 x 16 Pixel, 256 Colors
  • 32 x 32 Pixel, 256 Colors

Could someone please help me, I am kinda slow, Do I make four different images then put them together, and hope the filesize is 4710 bytes? Help!! UGH!!!

The NDN, Once again a NOOB all over!!!

Well, if you create an .exe file with the Publisher, it attaches the .blend file to it. Now the .exe file needs to know its own filesize and the filesize of the .blend file in order to be able to read out the file correctly again. So it saves the sizes when you create an .exe file. If you want to change the icon now (and if you want that the .exe still works) you can only replace the icon in an .exe file if you keep the filesize of the icon (well, actually of the .exe file). This is meant with the 4710 Bytes. This size is the size of the BlenderPlayer icon. BUT you can also use any other icon for your .exe file, if you change the icon of the BlenderPlayer.exe in your Publisher directory BEFORE you create the runtime. (!!! But keep a backup copy of your BlenderPlayer.exe, because the IconReplacer can, at the moment, not change the icon of the .exe again, if you don’t use the “4710 Bytes icon”!)
Now to your question on how to make an icon. You can use special programs (I like Microangelo very much, but it’s shareware) to create an icon. But I’m planning to implement the ability of reading out icons from .exe and .dll files as well as the possibility to convert simple image formats (like .bmp) to icon files, so that you don’t need any special software any more.
I hope this answered your questions.
If not, just ask again. :wink:

Where’s the linux version?

Well, I don’t have Linux and never had it, so I don’t know anything about it. :-?
It will probably take a while… :wink:

Well, I don’t have Linux and never had it, so I don’t know anything about it. :-?
It will probably take a while… ;)[/quote]
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

S_W you are Da man! :smiley: you always come with something useful.keep up the good work! :smiley:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Gee thats cool! :slight_smile:

Did you wade through the binary code to find where that icons stored or somethin?

Anyway nice work.

Just a thought though, if u can do that can u write a hack to stop a compiled game quitting in full-screen mode when some1 presses ESC? that would be really helpful.

thankx anyway :smiley:

Coool…

A linex version wouldn’t really work, because publisher files are for windows only…

Pooba

Could you explain alittle further?

you know.it would be cool if you could change everything from the iconreplacer.icon size and all.cause it’s very hard to find the icons required. 8) :smiley:

ps: you can make that happen,right S_W? :smiley:

Sorry, but that’s not true. You can also create executables for linux with the linux version of the publisher.

But a linux version wouldn’t really make any sense anyway, because a) linux binaries don’t have an icon, b) there are at least 2 desktop systems (kde and gnome are the majors), c) in kde you can only change the icon for executables globally and d) you can still create a link (eg. on the desktop, menu, wherever) and change that icon with anything you want (only for kde, probably the same for gnome - I don’t use it, I don’t know ;))…

Why not. And what about a stand-alone player that has only the half size of the original one… :wink:

LOL…well the smaller the size the better.easier for everybody! :wink: :smiley: