IDE autocompletion for Blender again :)

That is a paid extension. It is only a trial. Pydev for Eclipse is free, there might be a commercial version too not sure.

Eclipse is an older IDE running on Java, VsC is running on Electron.

Ok, I had to rebuild it with WITH_MEM_JEMALLOC flag disabled because it was giving me trouble. Ipython can import bpy now, eclipse actually works fine and can autocomplete but of course vcs still doesn’t want to work even with pydev installed…
“Unresolved import: bpy”
=================== Project information ===================

Root folders:
/home/cez/.config/blender/2.80/scripts/addons

Project PYTHONPATH folders:
/home/cez/.config/blender/2.80/scripts/addons
================= Interpreter information =================

Name: python
Version: 3.7
Executable: /usr/bin/python
Activate conda env: false

PYTHONPATH:
/usr/lib/python3.7
/usr/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload
/home/cez/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/linkgrammar

The blender python modules are in /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/2.80, any ideas?
I would even settle for eclipse but it looks dated and I’m used to vcs.

Well good luck with the VsCode completion, I personally would not spend any more time on it. I wasted unnecessary amount of time on it hoping that I could make it work.

I did not try it on Linux so maybe you have a better chance of getting it working there. Please post your solution if you resolve it.

1 Like

Is it so easy but long, please?

Do you have a link to this step precisely, please?

EDIT: I have this https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/117200/how-to-build-blender-as-a-python-module

I followed Chgad’s advice from that thread but it turns out that it found pyhtons site packages automatically so I didn’t have to follow the last step.
It’s not hard but you have to follow it exactly, as in make a blender-git directory, git clone blender in there (I didn’t know that I want to checkout branch blender27 if I’m still on 2.79 version) and switch dirs as it is written in the guides.
Yes, it took a lot of time on my laptop and I think I had to install 2gb of tools to make it work, and I broke my 2.79 install because it copied some stuff to python libraries and now it shows a “blender: symbol lookup error: blender: undefined symbol: _ZN7Alembic7AbcGeom3v114isUVERKNS_15AbcCoreAbstract3v1114PropertyHeaderE” error when I try to start it… so idk, up to you:D

1 Like

I just saw the Mohamed Laradji’s answer : very interesting, no?
EDIT: blender-conda don’t exist today!

EDIT 2: I have this link very good for Blender 2.8:
https://github.com/BenRoullier/PyBlender/blob/master/installing_blender_for_python.md

Where you put the files that matters. I use regular python, I do not use conda so not sure. But the compiing command is as easy as make bpy 2017 x64. This works for me on WIn 10.

I put my files where the link you gave described. The trick is to make sure that the “2.80” folder is at the top of the Python folder.

1 Like

Thks.<+100
I will try this method! At soon…Byebye.