Idea For A New Game (no, not another one)

I’ve got an idea (another one) for a game we could all try to make, using Blender for graphics since the game will be too complex to make in Blender’s game engine. The game claims to be an alternate version of the player’s life; we even make the player in the game. Other than that, the story can be almost anything.

The title is InfiGame. The idea is that whenever someone plays it, something will be different. According to my calculations, with 25 for each category, if we had 3 complications (75 complications in total), a beginning, a problem intro, and an ending, and the stories select from the 6 categories randomly, 1,171,875 stories would be possible. Not infinite, but there’s something else.

I’d want in the game an “interactivity engine.” For example, suppose you were to go and steal some shoes from a local shoe shop. Someone sees it, and it goes onto a criminal record you have. With LOTS AND LOTS of objects in the game, the possibilities could be infinite. Of course, opening a door wouldn’t neccesarily affect the story, but it could lead to something that does.

Do you think that this is a good idea, or not? Remember, we’re not using the game engine neccesarily since it would be too hard (I’m planning on a sprite-based 2D game with 3D-looking graphics, but if it was 3D, that would be cool, too). We’d likely be using C, C++, or some other language.

Replies would be nice.

Programming skillz would help.

Yes, they would! :expressionless: %|

:Zorro wants YOU to try and program this game!

Tell zorro that I don’t give a rat’s…

Don’t argue with it valarking. Remember… the bots feed off YOUR energy.

Seval knows I’m a robot! :expressionless: NOO! I’m going to kill him, or at least just flame him! :< Kidding, obviously.

Seriously, one problem with many games is that they’re the same thing every time you play! Who wouldn’t want to boot a game up and play something totally different than last time?

You haven’t played many games huh?
Try playing The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.