IDEA - selective rendering region for refining image

guys…im not sure if posting in right place but hope im doing so…

the idea came to me as i was playing with border rendering option… i have noticed that cycles is sampling entire image continuosly even if most of directly lit surfaces are noiseless and clean…and regions that are lit indirectly take a much looonger time just to get a little better … but when u border-select this hard-to-render region - it automatically renders much faster as cycles is “focusing” on selected area only…but selecting a border-region makes u loose rest of already rendered image…

so…

may u - developers - consider adding an option for selecting area for refinement rendering that stays overlayed on the rest of the frame? and the region would be not a rectangle but multi-line shape with blurred edges? i know that this seems to be a bit awkward considering many “intelligent” techniques but for many scenes where only part of the image is indirectly lit this could be a lifesaver…

Why is useless poll ? People are most likley to vote for additional functionality even if they most likely never to use it so having a poll is pretty much worthless. You’ll just get those usual suspects voting.

If you have an idea why not contact the developer to see if its possible rather than some forum thread the developer is unlikley to stumble upon.

well - i dont know how to contact them…like via blender.org?