Ideal language for a 3d modeling app

i want to hear what you guys think. what language would be good to be used to develop a new 3d modeling app. C++, java, or python. i am open to comments.

Probably C++, because you’ll want it to be as clean and efficient as possible with no overhead.

1 Like

If I had were to make a new software package in 2024, I would use Rust

I’d use Scratch, VBScript, or Minecraft Redstone.

1 Like

Any you are most familar with… the question is also: what internal data structure to use to have fast acces to the geometry… also what GUI to use or write your own…

For example for Blender the new wayland version need some “restructuring”

When using some more modern languages there is the quuestion: are there enough bindings to some also more modern GUI? Are some “simpler” GUI’s enough… and… and…

Also available tools ?? memory profiler, 3D debugger…

By the way: Blender did a fantastic job to define a naticve format which can not only be read by future version, but also past versions (greatest break was the switch of the compress method; but you can save uncompressed).

So there was a lot of software architecural design and the language itself was… irrelevant.

And: for some graphical demo or something like for example: Blender :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (context matters; 3D alone is to “general” )

that one guy said C++ for efficiency.

Then it’s properly settled…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But that guy said…

(Ever heard of Wings3D… it’s programmed in Erlang…)

If you’re inclined to make your decision based on what one random person said on the internet, I think you should take a step back and do more research :wink:

Keep in mind that I’m not a programmer. I’m just going by a code’s reputation here.

1 Like

C++ compiles pretty fast from the few time I worked with it.

1 Like

So heard of someone who does know of a fellow who just heard about… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…context… what’s a 3D modeling app ? What experience do have the developer. Is there a team; should there be one…

I see.

I made a video discussion of Khatia 2.0, a possible 3d modeling app with discussion of frame work and feasibility here.

Well… this explains a lot…

Good luck.