Ideas and Techniques you would use to model THIS old TREASURE CHEST

Box it out then use subdiv? proportional editing? sculpting? remesh modifier and decimate? i dont care about topology or quads its not for a game asset its just for a render so it can be full of poles and Ngons and that would be just fine. The metal parts, i wonder if i should use sculpting, curves? stick them on with shrink wrap modifer?? im a bit clueless.

model it low-poly, give it a Subdivision Surface to have a round lid, with additional edge loops to sharp the edges, project the texture?

Hey, Mirror modifier for sure - but the metal parts will take a while for sure. Make use of modelling as much with modifiers as you can as low poly as possible, keep duplicate parts around when modelling for those ‘just in case’ times. Start a WIP in that section so you can receive help, good luck.

1 Like

Maybe this might give you some ideas…

Treasure Chest in Blender 2.90 - 3D Modeling Timelapse

1 Like

Slowly start with a cube for the lowers part, I would work with alot of objects representing different parts.
For handles i would add a plain and draw the shape by using KNIFE tool then add thickness to it by copying and EDGE LOOP BRIDGE. Top part can be a cylinder too.

1 Like