Ideas for me new game

(blenderage) #1

Im going to make a pacman clone… yes about as original as a dead slug, but it is easy, i can finish it unlike my other, more ambitious projects. Ive had some ideas to make it better than a mere clone, please read them and feel free to add your own.

1. Multiplayer (coz only one camera angle needed). although in 1 player there will be multiple views.
  2. Dark mode - pacman will have only a small light aura around him and be able to see the eyes of the ghosts. ooooohhh.
  3. Power ups such as a jet pac that allows him to jump over the ghosts.
  4. Traps- spikes, pitfalls and the like.
    5.Multiple layers, rotating levels.
  5. Bosses that appear when youve got all the balls and you have to defeat by fuguring out puzzles.

Im just doing this really to show people that a good game need not be the most ambitous… thanks in advance.

(kEinStein) #2

Yeah! Pacman rules! :smiley: I also cloned Pacman about 10 years ago on DOS, hacked in C - but no 3D, only some sprites moving around. It was not such a great deal. And it was surely not a beauty - most like the original game, but it was a great fun playing it! I called it “ghosts’n’diamonds” if I remember right… :smiley: I’m anxious to see your “interpretation” of Pacman!!
Oh! Oh! I’ll see if I can find it somewhere! :wink:

(Pooba) #3

Sounds cool! I want to see it.

Pooba

(Haunted-House) #4

Those are great ideas!!

1. Dark mode - pacman will have only a small light aura around him and be able to see the eyes of the ghosts. ooooohhh.

Cool!

(S_W) #5

Blender clone of the good old pacman…great idea! :smiley: