IEEA fake ad Dusty interior scene

Hi blender artist, here is my last week work, i did it to work interior lighting and dust.
All was made with Blender, rendered with Cycles, and some post processing with Gimp
I wanted to reproduce a tweaked “clean” interior from a magazine of a well-known furniture manufacturer (i’ll let you guess) (sorry for not translating the text of the picture in english, i didn’t have time and not really good for the joke-translation :slight_smile: )!

I struggled a bit with volumetric on cycles, because of the render time and the unability to get a correct viewport previsualisation, but i’m quite happy with the result.

Another struggle was with the dust, i used the blender guru method to create some procedural dust with noise and layer weight, but i wasn’t able to add some “no dust stains”, so i worked on a nodetree which permits it and works quite all right with a black and white map. After that i texture painted the the “no dust stains” for every object. I uploaded the nodetree on blendswap and will paste the link here when it is active !

Here is the final result, and some breakdown/close up of the scene, a video will be added if i won again the cycle baking feature :wink: ! Hope you’ll enjoy it, don’t hesitate to criticize !

www.samytichadou.com

Attachments

Here’s some close ups of the scene !

Attachments

Attachments

and some breakdowns !

Attachments