If blender cost as much as Max,which would u buy?

If you had $6000 and Blender and Autodesk was selling their software for that amount, which would you buy?(considering that there is no other 3d software and please dont be bias)

If you had $6000 and Blender and Autodesk was selling their software for that amount, which would you buy?(considering that there is no other 3d software and please dont be bias)

I voted for Blender.

If the other option was Modo, Cinema4D, or Maya, the choice would be tougher, but not for 3ds max.

Can you still delete your own thread if no one has replied to it here? I think there used to be a button.

Blender! Yep for sure!

Depends on whether I get future updates for free.

I’d buy neither… I’d download 'em :slight_smile:

if u had no choice but to buy them cause they had a super tight protection software

good one scabby…

I have to use 3D Studio Max at school.

THE INTERFACE IS AWFUL!!!

Max should be one of those programs that you buy off the shelf thats only $25. You all know what I’m talking about; the ones you buy at Frys Electronics off the shelf.

You know how the Max developers work on adding features?

THEY ADD A BUTTON FOR IT!!!

and a menu item, and a keyboard shortcut. However, they don’t think about how, possibly, a feature might slightly change how the program in general works, so DON’T change even a small part of the interface. Blender has done this a few times, namely when the modifier stack was put in. Also, the physics buttons and everything have changed around a bit. But with Max, they JUST ADD ANOTHER BUTTON. This makes the interface HIGHLY INEFFICIENT!!!

And, I HATE AUTODESK FOR MAKING THE NEWEST VERSION OF MAYA WORK LIKE MAX!!! It is slowly starting to work more and more like Max, and I HATE IT. Maya used to be much better.

So, because of the interface that for some STUPID reason, some people hate, I will choose Blender over anything.

Posted in the other thread.

now goto a 3DS forum and pose the question : “If Max was free just like Blender, which would you choose? Max or Blender.”

Kind of a dumb question, really. This is also assuming that i had the money to buy either of them? cause i don’t. That’s pretty much the main reason Blender has a user base, and is teh reason it can actually compete with Max to a certain extent. This question is evil.

Ask me which one I would buy for production, its Max.
Ask me which one I would passionately support, its Blender.

Tried Maya and Max before. The interface is…just…terrible…

Ask me which one I would buy for production, its Max.
Ask me which one I would passionately support, its Blender.

IMHO right now that might be true, but Blender’s Development is overtaking Max/other 3D apps.

It’s only a matter of time.

I await the day somebody produces a full move via Blender in the Cinemas (yes, Peach, and Project Orange, I’m not forgetting you) and people go “WHOA”. and then Blender will finally be considered more by people who don’t want to admit they wasted money on commercial apps.

dont forget plumiferos…

and i obviously chose blender, would have been a harder choice if instead of max it would have been maya+silo agains blender

I liked XSI. I’m glad that the world isn’t limited only to these two programs.

indeed, to each their own… :slight_smile:

A bit stupid question, because Blender has more features, like sculpt, and Max is backed up by expensive plugins. If only this two existed as they are now, and if there wasn’t any other 3d modeling/sculpting/uv mappiing/… application, Max would be doomed. Really stupid question, and I don’t know why they should cost $6000 each ($5990 for Blender and 5995 for Max).

I gotta agree with you on Max. I tried to use Gmax back a few years back. Then, it was pretty much a clone of Max. It felt weird and almost counter intuitive. I just DL’d a trial of 3ds Max 08 and it still has that same feeling (stopped using it on day 2). I used maya ple 7 back in may. I loved the interface. Then I dl’d the new version and thought, holy crap this feels just like max.

Blender and Lightwave, I feel, have the best interfaces.

Since Blender is quickly catching up with 3ds Crap I think I’d fork out the 6G in Blender’s direction. Either that or invest the 6G into making Max more human friendly.

I use the word feel a lot:confused: