If I get my motherboard replaced do I get a new one?

I have a 13 inch mac book pro 2009. I need a new motherboard but if I go to apple to get it replaced do I get a new one with the new chip set or do I get an old one that was made in '09. I have called apple numerous times and the call kept getting “disconnected”

You’ll get a replacement for the exact model you have, so it’ll be the old one.

Aaaawwwwwwwwww…
:eek::no::mad:

Since it’s from '09 you’ll probably get the same one, but I know if you have an older laptop that’s still under warranty some companies will just give you a whole new computer.

I hope you are satisfied with Mac’s customer service. Cause if you’re not, you are screwed. You just have to deal with it if you want a Mac that bad.

The whole reason I like Linux and Windows is that if you don’t like the service that a manufacturer gives you, you just get a different brand next time but you don’t have to learn a whole new OS.

If you are unsatisfied with Macintosh Manufacturing customer service, you have to learn a whole new OS just to switch to a different manufacturer.

Peace

It’s lucky then that Apple regularly comes out pretty well in customer service ratings.
http://www.businessweek.com/interactive_reports/customer_service_2010.html
As they should be since in my experience some Apple products have really dodgy quality control for such a premium brand.

Yeah I just think it kind of ridiculous that they keep outdated motherboards just to give to the people with older macs to force them to buy a whole new computer just to upgrade.