If you had 1 million dollars

You almost have it.

What you need to do is cut down some trees (figuratively speaking), print some money and buy the ‘clunkers’.

Aside from the obvious practical application of the Broken Window Fallacy and lack of accounting for the energy it takes to produce a new vehicle to replace the ‘clunker’ this should save us all without having to go plant some trees.

And you just thought it was a scheme to redistribute income from the general US population to (foreign) auto makers…

Americans… lol.

I might even give some of the money to zanos so S.K shuts up.

You dumb conservatives… too bad you couldn’t re-elect bush a third term.

lol why ?

Meh, Ill always give my money to foreign auto makers. I like to buy quality and style which not many US cars have. Look at Italy, its a small country compared to the US and they have cars like Ferraris, Lamborghinis and so on. What does US have? Mustang and Camaro? What a joke.

1. Put some away for my son’s college fund
  2. Pay off my mortgage
  3. Start looking for the perfect retirement location, buy the land, start designing the house
  4. Buy a new Electra Glide
    4a. Buy a new Prius
  5. Fund a project by the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy and Habitat for Humanity.

a prius?
you could buy a tesla roadster!

1. Buy some forest and mountain land in my home state, I love the forest. I would love to live in the woods for the rest of my life.
  2. Buy all the sound software and sound equipment I need.
  3. Buy a better computer.
  4. Buy a car.
  5. Save most of the rest.

Yeah, and that would be cool, but other things come first, even with a million bucks. I’d be more interested in building my own electric sportscar…

What the fuck is that guy holding?

a letter from Rita:

From Miss Rita Kone.

Abidjan, Ivory Coast.

West Africa Dearest One.

Warm greetings to you and your family in the name of God. I introduce my self to you with all faith, trust and hope you will understand to assist me not to betray me at the end. I know that this mail will come to you as a surprise but I will like you to take this as one of the things people over come on this earth. And I know that it is God that led me to get your contact so that you will be of help to me. Before I will go on let me introduce my self to you so that you will be able to know me well.
My name is Miss Rita Kone my mother is from united state of America why my father is from Abidjan Cote Divoire in west africa. My father and my mother where living in America and I was born in America. My mother died when I was only 7 yrs and I am the only daughter to my parents so when I was 9yrs my father took me to his own town in africa where he Establish a company since then I am with my father till on the 1st of January 2008 my father died in a car accident why coming back from a club meeting. So after the burial of my father his brothers send me away I mean my uncles and they said that I am not the daughter of there brother so they took all my father had, houses and his company and they said that in africa here that woman did not have any right over her father property so they drove me away from my father house and I can not do anything to them because I am only 18yrs now.

Then the only thing I have now is the documents that my father used to deposit the sum of Ten million, five hundred thousand United State Dollars.USD ($10.500,000) in a trunk box with a security company here in this country and know one knows about this .My father disclosed this to me because I am his only child and he told me that he wants to use this money to Establish another company in overseas and he hand over the documents to me and tell me that encase anything happens to him in any way that I have to take this document and look for a foreigner from oversea, who will help me to claim this trunk box from the security company and send it out from this country to his or her country. And he told me that I should not let the security company to know about the content in the trunk box because the security company did not know any thing that is in the trunk box because he told them that it is family valuables.

Since my father’s family have drove me away and I have no where to go or stay so I went to the security company to claim the trunk box, and the director have agreed to release the trunk box to me as the next of kin and the trunk box was deposited with my name as the next of kin but I see that I can not claim this on my own because I am only 18yrs I can not handle the money that is inside so that is why I contact you to help me claim this trunk box and ship it to your country so that I can be able to come to your country for you to help me Establish an investment then I will continue my Education in your country .Please I will reward you if you can assist me on this please.

I will give you the documents if you agreed to help me with trust and honesty without any disappointment. I will stop until I hear from you.
Best Regards Rita Kone,

I can agree with that, we have perhaps 5 baby maples that popped up around our property (one inside a bush even), and another tree that recently sprouted.

If I had a million dollars, I would buy a super-computer for Blender, I would help fund Blender development, donate 10 percent to charity, and maybe buy a loft downtown plunking down 100 percent of the price in down-payment at the start (Wichita condos don’t cost near as much as the big coastal cities)

I’d probably save most of it “for later” (probably retirement), and spend the rest paying for education and building an electric go-kart with mecanum wheels (one of my current life dreams).

Well, i would move to great Brittan, and start trying to become a professional free runner…

50 years ago you’d be set for life with a million bucks, you’d be able to buy anything you wanted. Nowadays you can buy a nice house, maybe two and that’ll be it.

My friend’s mom bought a house for like 1.2M, and they weren’t even that rich. I live in Canada mind you…

Now a Billion dollars, that’s something.

After taking care of responsibilities…

I’d build a nice server and host an Open Source game or maybe even begin development of one.

1 - Invest EVERYTHING in building multi-storey car parks in inner city areas. Simple maths. Call it £5 a days parking (really cheap compared to the average) I reckon you could get a minimum of two built for a million. Lets say 2000 people use each every day. thats 20k coming in every day. Pay some monkey 5 bucks an hour to man the car parks. 50-60 days max and id break even.

2 - Buy a HUGE tee-pee

3 - Set up a system where most of the profits go to charities and research institutions

4 - Vanish off into the forests with my tee-pee

I like in canada also :wink: But I was born in South America, Colombia :smiley: