Ignore user not working?

Hi,

discourse seems to have feature to ignore a specific users, but when I try to use it, I get following error:
Is there something I can do about that?

Not to my knowledge. Discord seems to be really authoritarian about things, and arbitrary. I found it easier to just quit using them.

That’s why I am so disappointed to see this place using discord for chat. I wish you the best of luck with things

Can you post steps to reproduce please? It seems to work fine for me.

We’re a forum, not a chat. We also use Disourse, not Discord :slight_smile:

I don’t understand what you mean here.

It seems to be working fine for me, although I don’t use it and can’t see me using it beyond this test. I shall now unignore you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sure:

1. Go to Preferences
  2. Go to Users subcategory
  3. Click +Add button
  4. In the Username field, add FinalBarrage
  5. Set Duration to maximum (6 months)
  6. Click Ignore
1 Like

You are trying to ignore a Moderator. I can see how that could be a problem. How would a forum function if people could ignore moderators?

1 Like

I followed your steps and they work for me, but:

Great point. @rawalanche can you try on someone else, like @JohnMalcolm1970? :troll:

1 Like

My apologies. Somehow I misread that as Discourd not Discourse. Multiple times (not having a good day)

Thank you, one and all for responding, even if this isn’t a chat. So far, since I signed up, this is the very first response I have had from a live human being rather than a bot. Yay me…

I’ll go away and not bother anyone. Once again, DEEPEST apologies for misreading something, and trying to comisserate, even if I couldn’t offer help…

1 Like

Yup, I can block users, just not moderators. That’s unfortunate :confused: