IK Chain is acting funny

So I’m a little new to IK rigs. Whenever I move my mesh, either by selecting all or just the root bone, it goes a little nuts. I know you guys have a lot of experience with these kinda things, maybe you have some tips? I did a little research and it seems like a lot of folks making their first IK chain encounter something like this. I followed some of the suggestions which included applying the pose as the rest pose, and messing with the chain length on the IK menu. I tried those things, but it’s still acting weird… Thank you all for your advice and for reading this post!
Here’s a picture of what it’s doing…

This looks completely normal. You have moved your hip bone and the foot control bone stayed in place. But the distance foot-hip is longer than your bones, so they are ripped appart and the model looks stretched. This behaviour (foot control staying in place) is the normal and desired effect because it makes animating so nuch easier when the foot just stays where you have put it. If you want to move the whole armature. Create a main bone and parent all control bones (2 feet, 2 hand, 2 knee, 2 elbow and the hip) to this main bone. Just follow some basic tutorials step by step

I will give that a shot. Thank you so much! I will be back soon.

I cannot seem to parent everything to the main root bone. If I do, the mesh rotates and cannot be reset even with Alt-G and Alt-R. And it still seems like the legs go nuts when I move the mesh. What should I do? Also, I want to thank you again for taking a look at my problem here. It means a lot to me!

Can you share your blend file, so I can have a look at it and please use the reply button directly under my post, so I get a notification when you ask / answer me.

I have been trying to use blend exchange, but for some reason it won’t let me use any of the URL codes. It says something like “Make sure your question is posted”.

From the things you’re saying, I would have a high suspicion of a dependency loop. Blender will warn you about these if you open a console window.

One common way that people make dependency loops with IK bones is by parenting either the IK target or the pole target to a bone involved in the chain.

Of course, a file would be best. I think you ought to have been here long enough that you can post files directly here, inside of messages-- just drag and drop a .blend onto a message here. There is a size limit, so it may be necessary to simplify situations, but that’s always a good thing to do when troubleshooting anyways.

I will try to find more information about the dependency loop. I just have a hard time finding out how to set up those chains without that happening. I really wanted to post the .blend file, but that website is still giving me error mesages. But thank you all for taking a look at it still!

It turns out that there two dependency cycles! It took hours, but i got then parented to something that didn’t cause a loop. Thank you all again! I really wouldn’t know what to do without all you great and knowledgeable folk!!