IK Solver weirdness

I’m trying to set up some super simple IK chains and I’m getting weirdness.

I have a simple 2 bone chain for an arm, then the ik bone as the target at the end. I have set up tons of rigs, so I know that I’m not doing anything different here.

The problem is, for each piece of the rig that I’m trying to set up, as soon as I make the chain length 2, the base of the last bone in the chain is locking to the midpoint of the previous bone, instead of the bone tip. You can see the result below.

Is this a bug, or a new way of Blender doing things that I need to know about? Thanks!

Ok, I figured out what was going on, sort of. At some point I tried turning on the new iTaSC solver for IKs and forgot that I did. After I created an armature in a new file and saw that this was a difference, I turned iTaSC back to legacy and it worked fine.

I then read up on iTaSC (but who like to read the manual until after you break something? :wink: ) and it seems like this could be a cool feature, but I can’t for the life of me figure out why the root of the end bone is snapping to the midpoint of the bone before. Perhaps a bug? I don’t know, but it’s a tough cookie to figure out!