im a little worried...

I was just on the sculptris site and it looks like it’s now a pixologic thing(Zbrush) so do you think it will be free or just free until alpha and beta are out of the way… seeing as it’s pixologic they probably charge a 4bil dollar license to use…

your thoughts…

You’re coming to the party a little late but here’s one of the multiple threads discussing this.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192624&highlight=sculptris
If you frequented the previous Sculptris forum you’d know that Tomas had said it was very unlikely that there was going to be any further development of it anyway.

As you know, it wasn’t my intention to continue Sculptris development beyond the current version. I could not justify all that continued effort for a hobby project. However, I will now work full-time together with Pixologic to figure out the best way forward and go there.

You have exactly what you would have if it hadn’t been picked up by Pixologic so what is there to worry about? Pixologic haven’t said what the future is for Sculptris. As for Pixologic prices, they are one of the relatively lower cost commercial packages and all the updates over the last 10 years have all been free to existing licence holders, not bad for a company to do.