I'm famous!

I rode my bicycle down to the greenhouse on the nearby University of Connecticut campus and discovered that the rare Titan Arum was blooming! While I was there the AP came to take pictures, and took one with me, which they used for the article! I’m famous!
Link: http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/STINKY_PLANT?SITE=APWEB&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

That really is me. I’m not making it up.

Does it stink yet?

No way, that’s Harry Potter.

Cool! So you really are a plant person, huh? Hey they even put your name and age there. Hmmm… now if someone did a google search for your name would they find a huge stinking flower?!

:o :o Wow! good for you!

You took your helmet off to pose, right? Wouldn’t want you to crack your skull on your bike. :stuck_out_tongue:

Random

Snargle: No, not yet! But we’re all holding our breath (literally)
osxrules: huh?
Eva: Yes, I am. Would I lie to you?
R2Blend: I always wear a helmet when riding my bicycle. I just put it in my backpack when I’m not riding, as it’s rather uncomfortable and I’d look like a dweeb walking around with a bike helmet on.

Eat bananas. If you read that thread about the guys job, you’ll understand that.

i see a plant person! :stuck_out_tongue: I have heard about those flowers, they are cool. (Aside from the smell)

Sorry if you misunderstood, I just thought you looked a bit like the kid who plays Harry Potter in the movies with the round glasses. Hope I’m not offending you by saying that. We could call you Harry ‘plant’ Potter :smiley:

Yeah, it’s not that funny, I know. How long have you been interested in plants? I used to do birdwatching. I had loads of books about it. Of course, over the years I turned my interest to another species of bird :wink:

Also, what brings you to elysiun - do you do 3d models of plants maybe?

Hey, you actually look sorta like me! I got rid of my glasses and got contacts, now though. Your hair is a lot like mine. osxrules, does look like Harry Potter, doesnt he? Ive been called Harry Potter before, when I had my glasses. :stuck_out_tongue:

We used to call WeirdHat Harry Potter too just after the first movie or so. I’m not sure if he still looks like that today.

Martin

in the netherlands we called the prime minister (our great leader jan peter balkenende) harry potter.

The stinky botanical curiosity is expected to attract visitors like … well, flies.

aaaaaaaha gargling uuhuhhh…

yeah well serves it right for being green then hey?

ah, those things, I think they stink only when they bloom.

I would prefer if I don’t end up with some sort of a Harry Potter-related nickname, as I hate him (lets not start a war about this subject though)

I’m at elYsiun because- I do blender! Mostly games, but with the raytracer in the new version I’m trying my hand at pre-ren stills again.

It’s true, it only smells when it is in bloom, and not until the flower actually OPENS. It doesn’t smell yet.

You can watch it on Webcam if you like (this is eastern standard time): http://137.99.89.20/titan.jpg

Updated every twelve seconds.

You can call me Aroid Boy or something if I must be anything besides plantperson.

-Not Harry

Looks like something from the “little shop of horror”

Don’t worry, we won’t call you anything you don’t like. I like names like Poison Ivy but that’s a girls name in Batman so that wouldn’t do. PlantPerson’s a pretty cool name anyhow. BTW, I’m with you on the Harry Potter thing, I think I just hate child actors, with the possible exception of Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone. They’re generally not talented and they can earn more in a year than you do in a lifetime. Bah, I just hate 'em.

Have you finished any games? I’m sure some of us would like to play them.

hey pretty cool stuff plant person. You could take a few pictures and model, texture and animate the plant and do some cool renders of it blooming.

Have you finished any games? I’m sure some of us would like to play them.[/quote]

Yeah, plenty… but I don’t have a good host, and I have a really slow connection. JDMulti said he would host them for me, but that means I have to find the time to put them on a CD and mail them to him… don’t worry, I’ll get them out eventually!

[quote=“PlantPerson”]

Have you finished any games? I’m sure some of us would like to play them.[/quote]

Yeah, plenty… but I don’t have a good host, and I have a really slow connection. JDMulti said he would host them for me, but that means I have to find the time to put them on a CD and mail them to him… don’t worry, I’ll get them out eventually![/quote]

Ask NOR.J about www.ikx.no. It’s free, unlimited space and no filesize limit, it’s really good.