I'm having some trouble with rigging, could you help me out?

Hello, I’m having trouble in character rigging on blender

2 Things I need Help on.

I'm trying to rig a ragdoll yet when I do it always deforms the mesh it doesn't animate it like a ragdoll is supposed to, it just deforms.

I am making a lego character and have the same problem above,

Could you please help me? :frowning:

It is hard to say without seeing how you rigged your doll. Also when you parented the bone to the doll object did you select “Automatic Weights?”

you might have to weight paint it by hand if its not corrected with automatic weights.

From what you’re saying, Legomation, I gather you’re expecting the rag doll to animate automatically once its rigged. You’ll need to use the physics engine to get it to actually move like a rag doll. I don’t know the physics engine yet, but I’m sure you can find lots of tutorials if you Google.

Actually rontarrant, I’m not looking forward for the physics of a ragdoll, just rigging it so I could animate it. Thanks others for also replying but I think the ragdoll problem is resolved, the only thing I need to know is how to rig the lego character since it deforms it so much.

What do you mean it deforms too much? Are you looking for movement like this?

Yes ridix. Just your basic lego man. I’m sorry I’ve just started on blender a few weeks ago, I’ve learned more but my problem is really rigging.