I'm having trouble texturing...

hey guys,
I’m following along with a texture painting tutorial video (Blender 2.63 Tutorial: Texture Painting (Round One) posted by Masterxeon1001 on You tube for blender 2.6, and during the video he links blender to gimp. (I’m using gimp 2.6, he’s using gimp 2.7.1) and I tried doing exactly what he did by going to user preferences and going under the files menu and putting in my gimp programs crap under where it says “image editor” and when i push the “quick edit” button under the texture painting menu in blender its supposed to pop up in gimp…but its saying there’s some kind of error!!!..and I hate having to ask you guys questions and such…:confused: someone please help…

I’m sorry, I think i posted this in the wrong area…

Moved from “Blender Artists Website Support” to “Materials and Textures”

sorry about that,
anyway…everytime i try and link gimp to blender
an error pops up and says error: cant something something openGL source buffer. or something of the such…
ive even tried downloading different types of gimp…its rather troubling…

You might need to update your openGL drivers.

I tried, my computer just said that there was no update available…
I’m pretty sure the computer I have my programs on is plenty capable of running these programs
as well.
This is exactly what it says:
Error: Failed to create OpenGL offscreen Buffer: Unkown.

well its not an issue because i found a different way to do it so i guess its solved. :slight_smile:

If you find a solution (even it it’s done a different way), it would be useful to share it here in case there are other people who are having the same problems as you.