I'm Sixteen (16) years old today!

Yep. Today’s my birthday, and I’m practically disabled after getting surgery on my right hand (see my “Cut my Thumb Badly” thread). I need this super pain killer that makes me have to stay in bed. I need to shower with a plastic bag over my hand if I want to go anywhere.

Well, see you guys later. I’m getting drowsy even while typing this.

Happy Birthday nevertheless. The pain will disappear soon, thats for sure. BTW, I thought you were far older. You behave pretty much like an adult. My recommendation: Get lots of sleep now.

Sweet dreams, but just remember addiction is a hard thing to get out of, I know, when I was in the hospital they gave me morphine, it worked for the pain, but man, I had to work and sweat to get away from it. Good luck and God bless.
Edit
I would like to add that I had four surgeries on my hands and for about a year I had casts on both of my arms with only my finger tips free. I had to walk around with my arms up in the air above my head. It really sucked, especially when eating crabs. I thank my friends for the use of hot tubs although drying out was a pain (literally).

To 3D-Penguin: I may seem more mature due to the fact that I’m a homeschooler.

To pixelmass, sorry about that man. But I don’t think I’ll get addicted to this stuff. It makes me itch all over!

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday man and have a few more youthful years before you join us old geezers! I hope you get well soon ;).

Happy birthday dude! Your hand should get better soon, I pray.
16 was a good year for me, nice and easy. Much more enjoyable to 17, this year, it’s too much work, and so stressful. And from what I can tell, it only gets to be more work. Hopefully it gets less stressful though.
Well, enjoy being 16! :slight_smile:

Are you on morphine? I was on morphine after surgery and I hated it.

Anyway, at least try to have a happy birthday.

Happy birthday!

Not morphine, but I forgot what it was called.

My posts are short due to typing with one hand.

well, look on the brightside, in a year you will be able to drive! im not usre if that much of an exitement to the americans, but anyway. happy birthday and get well soon

When I was ~16, I get my first computer: a ZX81. This starts my game developing, programming and graphics career. :slight_smile:

well, look on the brightside, in a year you will be able to drive! im not usre if that much of an exitement to the americans, but anyway. happy birthday and get well soon

Here, you can take the test and get a drivers permit at 15 and 1/2 and you can get your license when you turn 16. And yes, it is exciting.

Happy Birthday - all the best!

Here, you can take the test and get a drivers permit at 15 and 1/2 and you can get your license when you turn 16

Or, if you lived in South Dakota US you could get a permit at 14.
I personally don’t have a license and am 17.