Image as Planes add-on BUG persists

Continuing the discussion from Insert image as plane BUG:

I just wanted to add a note that this is still a problem that hasn’t been fixed. Import Images as Planes instantly crashes Blender when I click the button to load the image file. It doesn’t freeze, the program just instantly closes. I had this problem once before and I somehow managed to fix it, but I can’t remember now what I had to do. I feel like it had something to do with changing a line in the add-on code text file, maybe? Anyway, I just installed the (currently) newest Blender Beta for 3.2.0 and I’m having problem again. Please help!

I’m running it on:

ASUS ROG GU502LV (laptop)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-10875H Processor 2.3 GHz (16M Cache, up to 5.1 GHz, 8 cores)
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060
6GB GDDR6
RAM: 16GB DDR4 on board
16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM 3200MHz

UPDATE**: I reset my Preferences to factory settings, then reinstalled my add-ons and the problem went away. I’m not sure why that fixed it but there seems to be some conflict within the preference settings.

Perhaps Blender beta is unstable for other reasons, not problem of the addon.

You can try to run Blender from command line with debug on so you can see if there is a way to catch an error.

C:\blender\blender.exe --debug

The problem is gone now that I have done the preferences reset. If it comes back, I will run the debug command that you posted. Thanks.

Could be related to how blender display the image.
It may not be related to the addon.