Image Editing Question?

Hey, guys. Just a quick question. What program(s) would I use to achieve an effect like this?

My guess was Illustrator and Photoshop. I’m almost positive that this can be done without 3D software. But what about the texturing and things of that nature? I’m a complete noob @ Illustrator, so I’m not really sure about its possibilities. Any ideas?

well, idk what they did, but i do know that it would be very easy to do in blender, because you could use bezier curves for the whole thing