Image Editor Script help!

Hi fellow blender heads!

I’m using windows 7 32-bit and blender 2.49.2b
So I render my image to Blender’s internal Image editor right… and on there… there’s a button IMAGE right next to VIEW… so i click on that and a list pop-up and a script called EDIT EXTERNALLY is listed… so I held SHIFT+LMB to configure it… and I put the path of my Photoshop cs4… but all i get is an error saying “\ The Network Path was not found”

Please shed some light on how i can edit to Photoshop with out browsing through each image i render from blender cuz that will be a pain… thank you in advance!

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/19/probj.png

Please someone help me with this or at least provide an alternative for streamlining blender to photoshop for texturing.

Bump!!!

I did a search on google about this matter and still no hope… I did find one similar here but it did not help… please someone point me to the right direction!

GUYS!!! please help me here!:confused:

Well, it’s a bit tricky. I never tried that option before, but now I have it working on my system.

Your command should look like this (change to your real Photoshop path):

cmd /c start "" "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop\Photoshop.exe" /B "%f"

Then, you must edit the following file:

.blender\scripts<b>image_edit.py

Change line 78 from:

p = subprocess.Popen(appstring)

to (add an “r” before appstring):

p = subprocess.Popen(rappstring)

Finally, you MUST save the image to a file in the UV/Image Editor before running “Edit Externally”.

Here’s the working image_edit.py file for 2.49b.

Oh My GOODNESS!!! thank you so much! I get an error from photoshop saying its not the right kind of file… but nonetheless it opened!!! thank you so much for saving me to browse all my textures and open it from blender!!!

Glad to hear it’s working for you. I’m not sure why you’re getting that error. I only tested with .png images and I’m using the older CS2, but I’m not seeing any file type error.

This works. But i had assumed it would update in real time, or whats really the point? Does anyone know how to write a python scipt that will make this work? that would be really simple no?