Image in console?

Hi, I am trying to follow a tutorial on Youtube that makes a skin shader, however the guy uses an image of skin tones in the bottom left of the console that he uses an eyedropper to get the colours, I have tried various types of window to add the image that I have but can’t figure it out, any help appreciated, the link to the tutorial is:

Thanks
Stuart

Hi Stuart

Open an image editor window and load your image, then click on the color picker on your material.

Hope that helps.

Stu.

Hi Alpha,

I did try this and have just tried it again as the image editor was the obvious thing to try, but when I open the image I have nothing shows up in the chequered box, I thought my image may of been damaged but if i go into windows file manager and double click on it then it opens no problem.

Thanks
Stuart

Ok, I have just converted my .jpeg image to a .png image and when I import into the image editor it works, so is this a bug in Blender ?

Thanks
Stuart

Good.

Maybe try another .Jpeg?

works here Blender 3.0 Alpha, Win8.1

What OS? what version of blender?

You should also be able to drag and drop images from your file manager, straight into Blender, does that work for you?

Hi, I am using Blender 2.3.9.2 and Windows 10, I have managed now by converting the jpeg to png, thanks for your help

Stuart