image in UV editor is funky

i opened an image in the UV editor and it is all slanty:
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/7500/slanted9kg.jpg (its a circuit diagram, so it should be nearly all vertical surfaces)
i tried doing several different things but it always comes out like that. The image is a BMP. any ideas?

USE a TGA format, not JPG, and not BMP.

ewwww… you really think he should use TGA? Is there something I dont know… cause I have always hated TGAs. (I would go with JPG)

for some reason blender has trouble digesting some bmp files, so basically, use any format other than .bmp

thanks, it works now :smiley: . but… : i unwrapped the object and have the pic on it the way i want. its a black and white map, how do i get it so that i can change its material settings like a regular material?

A nonCompressed TGA is better than anything else, and it also can contain an Alpha channel.

A JPG is compressed, and results in a lesser quality in project. You don’t want your hard work looking like crap, all because of a flossy JPG.

TGA, is by far, the best choice in my opinion. Besides, that it is the format that Blender churns out when saving a UVmap.

create an image texture, select the image you created

in the mapping tab of the material buttons with that texture selected set the mapping to uv [defaults to orco]

A nonCompressed TGA is better than anything else, and it also can contain an Alpha channel.

A JPG is compressed, and results in a lesser quality in project. You don’t want your hard work looking like crap, all because of a flossy JPG.

TGA, is by far, the best choice in my opinion. Besides, that it is the format that Blender churns out when saving a UVmap.[/quote]
or png, non-lossy compression and all the features of tga
[and is supported in many more applications and older versions of blender]

[the uvmap exporter exports a .tga because it is the easiest format to create manually… blender’s python interface doesn’t have a way to save images so the tga format was used because its so simple]