in metasequoia the user can project the image reference while modeling is this possible in blender
this is really a useful method for modeling the image reference keep projecting while you add more geometry
This looks very usefull.
I don’t think there’s an automatic projection that dynamically project while you add geometry in Blender.
A workaround then is to take advantage of the Front option and the Opacity of the “Background Image” , the front option transforming it then in a “Foreground Image”, very usefull in many case, edit or sculpt, as you don’t need to be in wireframe display to see the reference in the same time as you work.
i use the foreground every time i make a model but this technique is really a must have in blender very useful for keeping your model the same as the original drawing.
i see this technique in lightwave 3d to here
blender have projection mapping i think this can be done in blender i continued reserching
ok i found a tutorial that can help make it in blender let see what i can do
Ok i fount a way to do it whit UV projection modifier
- default cube
- UV Unwrap the cube and add texture
- import the texture you one for modeling in the UV image editor
- make a plane to be the projector name it front projector or left projector as you like
- UV unwrap the plane and add the same image for reference
- select the cube and add UV-project modifier, select the image to be projected, in the UVMap menu select UVMap
- in the Npanel mark the option textured solid
then select the object to be the projector and the magic come yiaaaaahuuuu…
this is going to be my favorite modeling method…:yes: