Images sharper, render faster, and finding the right video player for Blender

Hello,
I have a question that has been pestering me for a while now. I’ve done small projects on Blender by watching tutorials on YouTube or Andrew Price, and some of my final renders are sharp and perfect while others aren’t. I have a pretty basic Windows 8 computer and I was wondering how I could make the images sharper and render faster. I can’t afford the graphics chip that makes rendering faster just yet but, I was wondering if someone could at least help me make it a bit easier on me and my poor computer.

Now my next question is, what video player (Windows media player for example) works well with Blender animation and how do you convert a Blender animation to a video player? I have made one animation of wood chipping and I couldn’t get my media player to work. I have looked at YouTube videos and none of them are working for me sadly…I need a little guidance with that sadly.

Thank you :slight_smile:
gmmonllor

I’ve done small projects on Blender by watching tutorials on YouTube or Andrew Price, and some of my final renders are sharp and perfect while others aren’t
Too vague. Show examples and the render / material / lighting etc you were using. We don’t even know if you are using the renderer

I have made one animation of wood chipping and I couldn’t get my media player to work. I have looked at YouTube videos and none of them are working for me sadly…
What video format and codec were you using ? Use something like H264 and the H264 encoding preset

Chain

Billiard Balls

I Dream of Jeannie Lamp. This one I used a reference photo to make the lamp which was really fun.

Now with the video format, I have no idea what I’m using. I have looked at YouTube videos to help me understand but, I really didn’t learn anything sadly.

Now I have one project that I have been dying to finish but, it takes forever to render due to the particle system and depth of field but, once rendered…it’s not as sharp as I want it to be. I’ll try rendering the image and sending the image and hopefully have some guidance cause I really would like to have this render.