imagine if Blender internal was GPU´d !

Imagine how fast would be to use the blender internal gpu´d ?

damn that would be awesome .

Yeah. and a “make an awesome render”-button will be awesome!!!111!

:no:

What, exactly, is the point of this thread?

random brain-fart FTW!!!1!11 :evilgrin:

the point? to make users get crazy opening it only to see that it is a what if thread.

ooooooooooooops , now is see why people get pissed off , ill change the name of the post.

sorry.

na dont worry

Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen in the near future…though it would be awesome :slight_smile:
I doubt that Blender Devs would use Cuda due to the nature of the license and the fact it would be unusable to some users, which i think is a shame really because its cross platform and is supported on the majority of GPUs and with such a developmental power house such as Nvidia its pretty much guaranteed to get updated regularly.
Plus, im guessing that it would require (at least) a partial rewrite of the rendering engine, though i dont claim to be a coder so im prob. wrong :stuck_out_tongue:
I guess we will have to wait for an internal OpenCL solution :slight_smile:
GPU rendering is the future it seems…im sure Blender implement it one day:)

Wouldn’t it mean that some poor dev would have to make a version of the GPU renderer for each different graphics chipset?

Sounds like a lot of work if so…

Lux is almost there!

Wouldn’t it mean that some poor dev would have to make a version of the GPU renderer for each different graphics chipset?

I think it should work with any OpenCL compatible card. I doubt the programmer must code it for every card.

Octane

It works only with Nvidia cards but is totally GPU based

I works with Blender cause it works with any .obj output

check out the site… http://www.refractivesoftware.com/index.html

and no…I dont work there…just found it myself this morning…

later…