import 3DS help

I need to go from 3DS max to Blender without losing anything, I need bones, textures, animation, all of it. I don’t care if I have to go through some 3rd party plugins on either side, I must do this. Help me please.

Accutrans3d is the bomb, it’s also free. Or find one of the 3ds conversion scripts for blender.

You can’t import a bone system though.

Sonix.

No it’s not

this is good and all, but could you guys also tell me what file types support bones, whether or not blender imports them? Thanks!

I REALLLLY NEED THIS BADDDD!!! So please help!!!

No it’s not[/quote]Yes it is. Download it. If you want to keep using it after trial period, you must pay, but to download is free.

The_Nerd, I’m not sure if it’s possible, but I don’t know for sure.

Sonix.

You accidentially hit caps-lock? :slight_smile:

MD5 is a format for skeletal meshes and animations (Doom3 engine), I’ve written a MD5 exporter for max and am writing a MD5 importer for Blender. I’m facing some troubles though, but it already works without animation import. If you need a beta version of that importer, I can send it to you.

Here is the situation… I just got hired at this game company, and they want me to be the lead of all the programmers. Now they want to use my engine. This is great! The only problem is, even though they don’t have massive quantities of models AND maps completed, they also don’t want to have to learn blender. So, I need an exporter that will export out of 3DS max and into blender. If I can’t get one, I’ll just make one, but I don’t want to have to.

Thanks guys, still awaiting for help if you have any more to offer.

Last post is kinda funny… do you expect us to belive it?
Don’t be afraid of telling the truth, more probably some friends of your want to have a try in making a game and you need some help…
No mind-conscious game company would hire a lead programmer without having a clear idea of the softwares involved!
Even more strange is the fact they seem to have MAX licences and want to turn to blender?!?
And why you need an exporter to blender if you use your proprietary engine?
Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not laughing at you, I’m just… older and know how things work in the real world.
So, for your project I think MD2-3-5 importers and exporters are a good hint, that’s a format made for games and you can find a lot of documentation on it on the web.