Import collada model not correct

Hi

The import of this collada model is not 100% correct, some things are missing (wheel, chair) and different colors (white where there should be black)

how it should look:

how it looks in blender:

Does anybody know what’s wrong or is this a bug in Blender?

Import the attached model into Blender using collada importer.

cruisinworld.zip (1.1 MB)

The error messages say some ting about
Cannot find object for node referenced by..
so there is some problems…

I tried this within MeshLab:

and i seems to work dispite the warnings…
Warning valueStringList returned and empty list. nothing inside element with tag 'vcount'

So i converted it to OBJ :

also with warnings…
WARNING, currently unsupported 'tr' translucency option, skipped.

…or you might to wanna try to mix this to get the best of both worlds…

:thinking: hmm i was going to upload the model… but i’m not sure about the license…
(so you also might to overthing your part about the model… i think )

You can also try another 3D-app to convert it … ohh and exporting as dae from meshlab then also works in blender… ?!

https://www.meshlab.net/

It is the format…Collada /DAE isn’t reliable…especially if from Sketchup. But I know without paid subscription you have no real selection. The Sketchup Importer ( HERE) does a pretty good job of imports…I use it in Blender 3.1, not sure about newer versions…

This one I imported this one as Collada, from your link…

Object and FBX are better ways to go…but even then things might not transfer between how the model was created and the end export. The white…not a glitch or a bug it is just how things did not transfer…you will ALWAYS have to do some clean-up on import mesh and textures I don’t know what the actual thing is supposed to look like but I know that it needs some emissive on the top graphic and the screen…
Also, a main factor is that the model has a Default Material assigned ( automatically is some software > SketchUp, Marmoset, etc. ) that imports into the first material slot…It is not used BUT, Blender reads Materials from the top down…1st slot gets higher priority than the second…so it is why some textures import white instead of black…you can either remove it or drop it to the last slot using the arrow keys in the material setting…

Okidoki: what did you do to make the textures appear in Blender?
I have meshlab installed, imported the DAE, exported to OBJ and then imported this into Blender. There is also a MTL file and the textures are inside (they are in correct place on my hard drive).
But in blender I only see the marquee texture (on top) nothing else
Did you assign the textures manually in blender even if the MTL file is there?

With other OBJ/MTL models Blender did the textures automatically, not sure why not here

RSEhlers: what did you do so the buttons (red) are lighting up so cool?

Just select the button…
In the Node Editor…
Hover over the COLOR + Left Click and Drag down to the Emissive Color and DROP…
Turn up Emissive Strength to around 10 for EeVee…

Same with the Screen and the Logo on top…Drag a Noodle from Color output to emissive in…

Oh… this was nothing else than the Rendered Preview using Cycles… the material is also slight different when using the MeshLab exported OBJ (left) or the re-exported DAE (right) if looking at the Material Preview (which is also using Eevee):

an in Rendered Preview with Cyclces:

In fact i repositioned the light a bit fromabove to more in front (so the shadows are also diffeetn then my blender image from before…) but also the DAE-reimport has a slightly different shader setup…

… so only specular and roughness 0.5 or 1.0

And according textures… maybe this → i did savesd the reexport in the same folder than the original model… so the relative pathes to the images are the same…

For some reason my OBJ file exported using meshlab only displays 1 texture (on top) in Blender. So this is DAE → OBJ using meshlab. And then import the OBJ in blender
Can you maybe tell me why it does not display all other textures?
The model is attached

cruisinworld.zip (1.3 MB)

Hmmm :thinking: … i don’t know why… but yours seems to have a totall different material distribution… I picked the viewport display color from the material preview for some materials in your and my model and this is the result for yours:

and this for mine:

Yours for example has the Translucent Glas all over the seat and the front of the machine… and mine has the yellow likein the textured render… !?

So i did used Meshlab v2020.12 on debian linux… and i also didn’t used the legacy OBJ import… Ohh and blender 3.3.2…

I still not sure about the license (i tried to read the Sketchup Term of service… but :question: ) so i hesistate to post it here in public… (and this also will not even help you if you use another model… :disappointed: )…

The weird thign is that the Material files (mtl) are identical… but the Object files (obj) differ… :interrobang: but they share the same amount of vertices and faces…

I think it’s because you use other versions I think.
Can you try latest blender and meshlab to see if it matches my model? I didn’t use legacy OBJ too.

Actually my linux system is a bit old and often (like with MesLab) newer versions doesn’t work here…
have to upgrade :sweat_smile:… mainly because blender 3.5 will not work on this… :wink: .

I tried doing this but it only works for the logo, but not for the screen.

The logo has in the material tab for “blend mode” the value “opaque” but the screen has in the material tab for “blend mode” the value “alpha blend” because the screen must be transparent (there is a texture behind it).

Can I ask how you made the screen also have the emission by using the shading nodes? It doesn’t work when using alpha blend here.

If you could look at the model attached because I converted the original sketchup file using sketchup to collada and then imported into blender. This fixed the model problem.

cruisinworld.zip (1.8 MB)

That is because there is 2 elements on top of each other…the screen is behind the glass …
here I have separated them a bit to show you…

and here is the Display screen…

also since you are in EeVee, turn on screen space reflections and Bloom in the render properties tab…

I have the screen working now but the bloom only works on the logo on top, not on the screen. Is the reason here also because there is a transparent glass in front of the sceen? So I need to remove that to get bloom on the screen?

My example shows you the screen with bloom BEHIND the front glass…

and you do get BLOOM though you are somewhat correct…the intensity needs to be bumped up a bit due to the glass in front of it…

cruisinworld.rar (732.6 KB)