Import FBX issue

Hello everyone!

So I´m getting this message while importing an FBX file from Autodesk software. I´ve tried to use different FBX versions, from 2009 until 2016 but no matter what doesn´t work.
The same file but exporting it from Zbrush or Unreal as an FBX works just fine…so any ideas or help about this will be really appreciated!

…Can’t quite read the error but can see that last part is Unknown Location…that is almost always a link to a material…
Did you embed the materials out of Autodesk ( Max?) …Don’t

If it is Max…then in the FBX export ( I don’t remember where ) the is a setting for preferences and you can select Blender File Type for the FBX ( other AD progs I don’t know about…)

2016 or 2017 should work just fine…I don’t remember what my settings in Max are but I think I used 2016…

Can you share the file from the Autodesk ( not the fbx ) and I can see if it will work out of Max…

Hi! thanks for your answer!

Yeah, the file is from Max, I have tried many different configurations (can´t find the "blender file type though), including the embed material, but nothing is working.

The Max version I am using is 2020. I am sorry but I am not allowed to upload files as a new user here, but the problem is with every file I export no matter what kind…even if it is just a teapot or a box.

Thanks!

See if you can upload the file to PasteBin or Google Drive or some other hosting site and provide a link…
Here are my settings ( can’t find the files types in this must have been a previous version maybe 2016)

Thank you very much!. Settings are not working though :frowning:

Here you go the link to download the files (fbx or max). I hope it works

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XDaJAYyGkvG0NSQOtNt1AZThk3IhkyzX?usp=sharing

Need to make this shareable set to anyone with the link can download…

Sorry about that. Now you should have access to that.

Here you are the link again, just in case:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XDaJAYyGkvG0NSQOtNt1AZThk3IhkyzX?usp=sharing

Ok…Couldn’t load it in Max…I still have 2019…but tried in Blender 2.8.7…got the same error…so changed some of the settings to these…and works fine…

Man!..you just saved me a great amount of time and headaches!! Thanks a million!!! :slight_smile: