importing lwo files

i have tried to import some lwo models into blender but when they are imported they become a selection of vertices with no faces, what is going wrong? upon import they appear to have somewhat broken faces but when i enter edit mode then return to object mode the mesh becomes an array of vertices, no edges, no faces.

Can you show an example file that when imported has a problem. Just tried with a .lwo file and the mesh was fine.

Attachments

http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=365&p13_fileid=415 this file and this file http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=310&p13_fileid=1873
and it woulkd appear that every other .lwo on that site suffers this problem, so i assume i am doing something wrong but i do not know what.

What blender version are you using. Importing that .lwo file gives me the attached

Attachments

ok right. in my experience: then look at the mesh in edit mode, it becomes a load of dots(vertices). return to object mode and it is still just vertices, when rendering it only produces anything when using halo for textures. this makes halo smears around the vertices.). however when i imported i did not see the orange line around my mesh when i selected it, you appear to be seeing this so perhaps it is working for you. my version of blender is: blender 2.63.0 r46461:46487M (according to my splash screen). perhaps i have an error in my program files for blender, if there was where would i find it.

considering how late it is getting in britain now and that i need to wake early in the morning i will have to continue this tomorrow.

Attached images are that model in edit mode and rendered

my version of blender is: blender 2.63.0 r46461:46487M (according to my splash screen). perhaps i have an error in my program files for blender, if there was where would i find it.
Update to the latest official release, blender 2.65a from blender.org

If you have to use 2.63 for a particular reason import the .lwo file in a 2.65 install, save your blend and append the object from that blend into your blender 2.63 version.

Attachments

ok i’m back. i am downloading and reinstalling the latest version of blender now.
THANK YOU!!! it is now working.