Importing .mdl files

I’m not sure if im making this in the right place, and if it isn’t please move it, but I was wondering how I would be able to import .mdl files into blender.

no it’s not in the right place. the thread you are looking for is here

Any body else know thats not trying to be funny?

Use the search function. Or post in Basics and Interface. News and Discussion is NOT the place to ask about the use of Blender, it’s to discuss how Blender is improving or major projects being created with Blender. Why do you think that there’s so many locked topics here? Because of forum noobs posting basic questions in the wrong forum.

.mdl files are Hash Animation:Master models. The best way to use them in Blender is to read them into Animation:Master and export them as OBJ. They do not always export perfectly because AM is a spline based package that includes n-gons (five point splines) and converting to OBJ changes them to quads. This is just from memory, I bought AM but haven’t used it in a while. Stopped using AM because I found the modeling difficult. Hash AM does have the BEST support for stereoscopic rendering. It costs $300.

On further research the extension is also used by Quake. Is this a low ploy game model?
Do a google search for a Quake mdl file converter and get back to us.