Improving Physics / Scale?

Greetings fellas, ever since I tried to make a man walk on the moon, on my early tests in space game with large structures such as planets and space stations.
As we all know, blender can’t handle objects’s physics, rendering or mostly anything, once the first goes beyond the 10000 blender units boundary (scaling to 1-100, doesn’t help much). I understand that the limit is set due to a 32 bit precision whatnot…
My questions:

If you all know about ‘Infinity: the quest for earth’ (if not google it) you see that seamless flight from planetary bodies, in realistic scale is possible, is this because of using Newton physics?
In Geist3D, you can add a new world to the scene (with it’s own gravity, and hierarchy), but space, itself seems to be unlimited.

So why can’t we have a stelar system per scene in BGE? Is there a way to to improve physics (library, script, plug-in) or to have unlimited space?

Thanks for reading!

Uhhh, I don’t know how to make the space thing, but can’t you set the gravity for each scene individually? If you create a new scene and then create a new world material thing, it will allow you to have different gravity for each. As for the flying through space, I would assume that when in game you can go as far away as you want, and then set the thing to switch scenes at a certain point. Im not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but it should work, ish…

Well, thank you for replying.
Currently on my scene, I can only have a planet with 2 moons. Even then, I get calculation errors, for the player shakes a little. I use a background scene with a 1/10 displacement, and it takes orientation from the main scene. That way the background scene can be 10X smaller and distant objects are visible. But if I must change scenes for every planet, it would make dynamic flight very complicated. I need to have my game on line later, with a deathmatch where both teams have bases on a moon, and can chase each other from one planet to the next…
That’s why I need to have at least a large area in one single scene.
If there was a way to improve physics calculations, I could scale my planets up, and place objects at millions units away…

Ok, I think i didn’t understand what you where looking for. But here is an example with multiple planets in one scene. Maybe you can use it to your advantage. Sorry if I still haven’t answered your question.

Attachments

PointOfGravity.blend (803 KB)

Ok, I think i didn’t understand what you where looking for. But here is an example with multiple planets in one scene. Maybe you can use it to your advantage. Sorry if I still haven’t answered your question.

I believe you haven’t understood still.
Why don’t you have a look at my game instead (here). I tried POG last year and it’s too resource consuming. It can still be improved though…
The issue here, has nothing to do with gravity. I only mentioned gravity on the case of Geist3D to show that Jochen can introduce a full fledged secondary world inside the main world.
The issue here is to have physics properly calculated, no matter how far the objects are from the world’s origin. My bet is “you’ve got to strip Blender’s code and change the calculation algorithm to a more powerful one”. In that case is not feasible for me, at least for the moment.