In need of some help/info

First off let me just say hello to everyone. I’m a newly registered member here but I’ve been hanging around for a bit reading through the forums trying my best to figure things out for myself. I’m not normally one to ask for help but I can’t seem to find any sort of answer that applies to my problem so I’m here to ask if anyone can lend a hand and possibly point me in the right direction.

Here’s my problem. As I said, I’m completely new here, I’m also new to blender or any other 3D programs, just trying to learn at my own pace so I’ve been going through tutorials trying to get the basics down. Anyways, I started the tutorial for making a simple game http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BSoD/Introduction_to_the_Game_Engine but I run into a problem shortly into it.

Not far into the tutorial it comes to the point where it talks about “Setting up a basic sensor, controller, actuator logic block sequence.” Ok, I can follow that easily enough but it’s the next part that stops me. I come to a dead end when it talks about adding movement to the cube. I understand what the tutorial is saying, the problem is that my blender screen doesn’t seem to be the same as the tutorial authors. He talks about adding values to the “dloc”, I don’t have a “dloc” button there. In fact his screen has 6 buttons under the actuator block while mine only has two of them, loc and rot.

So what gives? I’m using blender 2.49b if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can get past that part I’ll be content to slowly grind away learning as I go but right now I’m just banging my head against the wall and getting nowhere.

Forget it, I figured it out myself