Indian woman

featured
modeling
characters

(Jaol) #22

The ambient Oclusion.
I made some small adjustments in photoshop and some loose hair, but nothing else.

(ChameleonScales) #23

You always have more time when you have a passion for great art.

(Artstallion) #24

T-Series triggered? No just kidding

(Jaol) #25

Yes, you are right.

(kabu) #26

Everything’s good. The eyes, anyway, too big, too manga like. Not a capital sin, of course…

(CHEED) #27

Some best known pieces of art were made with minimal effort, and with a little time spent on them. I believe that the beauty or perfection or what is considered good art, is in the eyes of the beholder. And its an expression of self (the artist). How much time he/she wants to spend on the artwork is up to them. Unless they are being commissioned for a specific artwork, and will be compensated - then that’s a different story.

Some people think guinea fowls have ugly heads. Some find them to be beautiful creatures. But the creator of them didn’t care for our opinion. He just went ahead and created them - as he saw fit. If he did care, we would have no variety in life.

Reminds me of Anton Ego’s last speech (Ratatouille the animated movie):

Anton Ego: In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau’s famous motto, “Anyone can cook.” But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere. It is difficult to imagine more humble origins than those of the genius now cooking at Gusteau’s, who is, in this critic’s opinion, nothing less than the finest chef in France. I will be returning to Gusteau’s soon, hungry for more.

(Jaol) #28

You’re right, even artists don’t know when they’ll have a good work, regardless of the time spent on it.

(ChameleonScales) #29

isn’t that a bit of a stretch?

I love this speech but why are you quoting it exactly? I really don’t get the point.

(CHEED) #30

Yes, I guess that was a bit of a stretch. My point was: each artist should be free to express himself in his own way, style, level of expression, etc.

(CHEED) #31

That we may miss the overal beauty and creativity of a piece of artwork when we focus on what we want to see or expect to see from new and emerging artists.

This again reminded me of an LA VFX artist (see attached Youtube video link) who uses blender in his projects (film and television) and how he approaches art and solving of design challenges.

You’ll notice that some errors in his work are what the producers liked or created the unexpected but desired effect.

It makes me think that if we don’t look at solving visual communication problems with an open mind, trying out new approaches, and not insisting on how things should be, finding solutions (or even expressing ourselves) might be more challenging.

I am a firm believer, though, of first learning the tool: studying the theory as much as possible, where possible. Tutorials later. Using this approach, I have found that I am more freerer to deal with different design challenges due to the knowledge acquired rather depending on tutorials. Tutorials are great. But we got to have the knowledge first, and then we can fly on our own.

The online Blender manual states:

“Despite everything Blender can do, it remains a tool. Great artists do not create masterpieces by pressing buttons or manipulating brushes, but by learning and practicing subjects such as human anatomy, composition, lighting, animation principles, etc.”

And another excerpt from same manual says:

“…keep reading this manual, learn the great tool that Blender is, keep your mind open to other artistic and technological areas and you too can become a great artist.”

(ChameleonScales) #32

Sorry man but I don’t have time to read such long replies. I like clear and condensed posts.

(Estefanon V. Faé) #34

Thanks 4 u contrib.

(sundialsvc4) #35

I find the eyes to be realistic in the original shot. You can see the square outline of the “soft box” that the photographer has put around his strobe – as he would do when taking such a picture. The play of light around the top of her left shoulder is very flattering, as is, really, the entire piece.

That’s it – the entire image flatters her, as any good portrait – especially, of a woman – ought to do. That’s what every portrait photographer strives to do. The cloth materials came out very well.

(Is this in the Gallery yet?)

(ChameleonScales) #36

Of course it is. As soon as a topic is tagged with #featured it goes in the gallery.